My Posting Place

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by threefirefour, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Please tell me you’re joking, John? I can never tell with you.

2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Wanna trade faces?

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Creative Creative x 1
    3. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Exactly this. A patent is worthless if the idea is worthless.

I could make a patent of my own and simply change a couple of the parameters and components. His idea has no scientific basis, so my idea would be no different.

A patent does not prove efficacy. For that we need others to replicate his results to prove the concept. I find it alarming that he doesn’t want to take this route and would rather hide in the shadows targeting desperate and gullible people.

I would email Min Bo and ask him why he hasn’t published his results in any journals?

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Harold Shipman was a real Dr and we all know how that ended up.

5. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Artemis2K Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. Got bad later.
      He says he is working on a kit for other ENTs to use. He has also said that he is working on publishing a paper that goes in detail of what he does.

6. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Why didn’t he do this two years ago before he applied for the patent? Where are his preclinical studies? And where are his human studies?

He says all the right things to convince desperate and gullible people from what I can tell. All words and no actions.

7. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I... don't think he is a serial killer. That seems to be an excessive comparison.

8. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Not implying he is, at all. I’m saying that just because he is an ENT Dr (if he actually is) doesn’t mean he is a reputable one. Many Drs through the years have done dodgy surgeries on people and have ruined lives, and the most powerful aspect that lured these people in was their title.

For me, due diligence is paramount over meaningless words from a man we know nothing about (and neither do the larger medical community).

It’s always wise to do thorough research on stuff like this, and gain access to “real” patient testimonials if you can. Anything published by him I would take with a grain of salt.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Yea!......at least he was efficient.....x

10. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Sadly :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      All this fear mongering about Dr. Minbo is ridiculous.

If he were hurting people he would not be allowed to practice this procedure.

This is South Korea, not North Korea.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    12. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

I don't know. I am hoping to find that out soon.

As for him trying to deceive desperate people, it really wouldn't make much sense to me. Perhaps it is possible. But, he'd have to be one of the dumbest scammers on the planet, to have had an ENT salary and then destroy his reputation in his medical community and waste everything on a handful of victims (assuming his testimonials were fake) that end up exposing him for a fraud.

Granted, I don't have much knowledge on medical fraud. Though, I can tell people who is a fraudulent ecommerce entrepreneur based on years of research and novice experience on eBay. I have seen dozens of people try to give out garbage guru products that lead to nowhere and know what's fake immediately, but I can't tell you who is a medical scammer much.

13. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      “......or perhaps....a barrel.......”

14. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      None of you have any evidence whatsoever that he is a scammer.

• Agree Agree x 2
    15. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      I browse MPP all day and nothing interesting happens. I then step away for a little once I get home and I come back the its blown up! @Tinker Bell and @Jazzer even blessed us with an appearance!

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    16. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      do you mind sharing you story?

I also had tinnitus since I can remember.

17. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Meh, I’ve been here before. Nearly 250 pages of Jasterboff memes, complaints about TRT and ENTs, and statements that MPP is making a difference. ;)

Did I even spell his name right? Jas-not-fixing-anything? :ROFL:

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    18. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MPP and Jastreboff might need some ice for that burn!:ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL: You summarized MPP too well! lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    19. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      There are plenty of members of this forum who were hurt by ENTs who are still practicing medicine. The stem cell clinic that caused blindness was still in operation after the botched procedures.

He may not be physically hurting people. But it’s possible to be financially hurt.

Did you drop Frequency? Why not try to enroll in one of their upcoming trials?

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    20. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2nn4ia.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Genius Genius x 1
    21. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2nn4f6.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    22. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      There are many red flags for me. I find it odd that he applied for a patent but decided not to do any clinical research. There are many charlatan Drs our there, so it wouldn’t be anything new if he was one too. You have to have a reputation to destroy one, and I wouldn’t exactly say he is world renowned or anything. Quite the contrary. If he is legitimately restoring hearing loss, then why isn’t his work being discussed across the wider medical community?

Using your product analogy, it would be like me selling you a guitar saying it belonged to John Lennon and was stage used many times. Surely you would want provenance? What if I told you I could assure you it was his as my uncle bought it from him directly? Wouldn’t you want proof, or would you say it must be true because he’s a musician?

• Like Like x 1
    23. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      They came to save me from Dr. Minbo.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    24. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I didnt "drop frequency". They arent available yet.

• Like Like x 2
    25. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I wasn’t going to say anything, but when I saw everyone encouraging you (without discussing any of the red flags) I felt a moral obligation to speak up.

It’s true that we have no idea if his method works or not, but when you look at him with more of a critical eye, there are a lot of things that are very concerning.

When you have someone saying this:

If I had tried to manipulate the statistic result, I would’ve make the result more dramatic. But as you can see, the statistic results are ‘expectable’ rather than dramatic.”

Huge alarm bells go off. That to me sounds like a scammer talking more than a Dr. Why is he trying to convince me the results are real? Really strange behaviour. I’d prefer to see a link to a journal where his results have been replicated by a third party.

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      At the end of the day @JohnAdams , @Ed209 is trying to look out for your best interest. He isn't trying to keep you from curing your tinnitus, he just wants to make sure nothing bad happens to you because of this treatment.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    27. incelitus
      Question it

incelitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      qtip gangbang/kurt cobain
      VALIUM ONLY GOOD THING ANY ENT ever DID FOR ME :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: gang gang :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      "Why is he trying to convince me the results are real?"
      People suddenly out of nowhere started messaging him constantly asking questions. That's why. Every single one of these people came from Tinnitus Talk. He apparently waited for a year or so before addressing them in his English site. Several people from here were profoundly skeptical, including me, and asked him questions after questions. He almost blocked me and many others for spamming him. I can understand why he eventually addressed us in a post.

The maker of the second thread, Vaka, was extremely invested in his reported results, and gathered the data into one chart. He eventually noticed a trend that was concerning, yet made his results more believable. That trend was that the results were not flawless and had a side effect. Some people, though not everyone, had one or two frequencies in the higher ranges that got slightly worse, while all the other frequencies got better. Though this was concerning, it at least helped his case in legitimacy. I forgot why he said it happened, but he said that his posted results were a fraction of what he had and most of them did not have that defect. I took time reading the results of his other sites to see if he was telling the truth, and he was. His other sites did show an abundant amount of results that didn't have any dips, but I also did see some other result dips that Vaka, the thread maker that analyzed those previous results, did not see.

The dips are so small that I didn't think much of it. Judging by the results, it looked like any dip could be corrected by another shot. Further, the tinnitus was still improved regardless of if there was a frequency dip. After all, mostly there were improvements in all the other frequencies.

I am sorry for not mentioning this. In the other thread I assumed that most people were careful enough to read the first few pages. That was a foolish oversight.

• Like Like x 1
    29. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      That was over two years ago! And still he hasn’t done a single study to prove its efficacy. Does that not strike you as odd?

This is the kind of thing people were saying back then:

Maybe I'm being too hard on this, as this clinic just opened up... From what I see now though, it doesn't inspire much confidence and leaves more questions than answers. It feels indeed like a "hail mary" and hope for the best treatment, if it is real at all.

So what’s changed in all that time?

30. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well, he did shut down all his clinics after some family problems. At least, that's what he said. I don't want to say what it was, because if he was telling the truth talking about his personal life seems wrong. After that event happened, he felt compelled to shut down, take a long break, and then restart somewhere else. His English site was gone for several months.

Also, I agree that the clinical trials are definitely needed. He said he did have some, but I failed to find them. I am hoping that this will be addressed within the next few weeks.