My Posting Place

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by threefirefour, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      i am in severe pain right now wishing i was gone but i can't leave until the scammers lose or it would all be in vain.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      ACT, TRT don't even fall under the category of palliative care for tinnitus and chronic pain because there is no care. it's basically get the fuck over it loser.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      we are living in a clown world and the only thing I can do is cry about it.
      upload_2019-12-10_4-30-4.png

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. Matty1996

Matty1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1st August 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Too much Skálmöld
      This is what I was trying to say in an earlier post but didn't explain it quite so well. There is basically no need for CBT in my view, if somebody is mentally strong enough to have that attitude then thats good for them, they can cope well. But at the end of the day that is all it is - coping, it isn't a cure or treatment and personally I don't understand why anybody would need someone else to make this realisation for them.

• Agree Agree x 5
    5. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      mental toughness is a delusions caused by dopamine imbalance.

Feeling sorry for yourself and a victim mindset is a natural response to painful diseases and tinnitus. Self pity is the best coping mechanism because it is the antithesis of what ACT and TRT stand for and it feels so good to feel sorry for myself (and others who suffer.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      i wanted to live there are so many awesome great people who make me happy and proud. I feel sorry letting john down,It's not like i'm pro-suicide but the pain right now is unreal. The only thing that keeps me alive is sheer will power to deliver justice against the Sparkhealth scammers.

• Hug Hug x 3
    7. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I understand... and they take even longer than three years in the USA. But it’s just, if you do want to research the thing you described, I don’t think there is another way.

8. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Much easer said than done, when you don't have severe intrusive tinnitus and this level of intensity is sustained. Of course I don't expect you to understand this, due to your lack of experience and knowledge of this condition. I have had tinnitus long enough, counselled and corresponded with people that have it, to know you do not have severe intrusive tinnitus that reaches a level where it is debilitating and this level is sustained, otherwise your post would have been written a lot differently.

It is a classic mistake prone to Newbies. Having tinnitus for a few weeks or months, find they are able to cope with it and habituating and think everyone else should be able to do the same. Nothing more could be further from the truth. Tinnitus comes in many forms and intensities and no two people experience it the same.

I assure you that TRT, CBT, counselling, Medication and Sound therapy are able play a very important part, separately or as a combination, in helping a person to cope and manage with their tinnitus. This can be a seriously debilitating condition, that can affect a person's mental and emotional wellbeing profoundly, to the point where some people want to cause their own demise. Please do not underestimate it or think the above treatments are irrelevant, they are not.

I wish you well
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
    9. Matty1996

Matty1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1st August 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Too much Skálmöld
      @Michael Leigh Your presumptiveness is almost as hilarious as how out of depth you are. I don't expect you to understand this however, you are after all a boomer and therefore not capable of adapting your fossilized mindset.

It is a classic mistake prone to self aggrandising, pseudo-experts to assume all sorts of information based on nothing but supposition. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have experienced tinnitus very loudly and very intrusively, it has come and gone, gotten better and then worse again- and still fluctuates in this way with seemingly no logical pattern. I've simply stopped caring. :cool:

I do not at all expect everyone to be capable of this, in fact that was part of my point and I'm not sure how you inferred otherwise. Habituation is fine for those who are capable of it, but many clearly aren't. Research funds should go towards actual biomedical advancement which will eventually make this an issue of the past, rather than being utterly wasted on therapy which amounts to "suck it up, buttercup".

I'm fully aware of how debilitating and exhausting tinnitus and all of its comorbidities can be- I am experiencing it now. I've simply come to the conclusion that I have gone through harder things in my life and I am carrying on as I was. I'm not sure why you think you are the arbiter on what level of understanding a person has or severity a person experiences tinnitus with, you're just another nobody on the internet. :D

I wish you well,
      Matty

• Like Like x 7
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    10. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Matty1996

Your disquiet is noted and understandable due to inexperience with tinnitus. I hope in due course, perhaps a year from now this will improve but by then you would have probably moved on.

I wish you well.
      Michael

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    11. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Michael is a pillar of this community so please be respectful whilst communicating with him. Address him as Lord or Sir. Anything less than that is highly frowned upon by all of us.

He instinctively knows how loud everybody else’s tinnitus is so please honour and respect this ability. It can only be learned once one has had tinnitus for 150 years.

• Funny Funny x 5
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Genius Genius x 1
    12. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I will magically recieve $500,000,000 and start a lab and hire phds

• Like Like x 3
    13. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Seriously. It’s not about not having money. There are PhD programs that provide funding. Can’t be that different in the USA. Some supervisors will allow students to propose their own projects. You don’t need £1 million. It’s about wanting to do it. I would completely understand anyone not wanting to do a PhD as it is goddamn hard work and it is ridiculously long in the USA compare to the UK. But if you want to investigate the kind of thing you detailed re the pathway and the stem cells that’s the only way to do it.

14. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Psychologist are grown adutls who play pretend. Just like John pretends to be a biomedical researcher and I pretend to be a detective. The only difference is we are self aware to admit that. Psychologist pretend tinnitus and painful diseases can be managed when they can't.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    15. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      I don't know what's wrong with me, I suspect it's auto immune. I'd took tons of anti biotics, CT scan+dye and ultra sounds show nothing. but at the end of the day I still don't know what is truly going on. Mysterious diseases are probably more common then not.

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      upload_2019-12-10_17-31-35.png

Sparkhealthmedia's "Natural wonders can cure autism apparently....

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      upload_2019-12-10_17-32-44.png

unknown.png

• Like Like x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    18. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      upload_2019-12-10_17-40-6.png

19. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      At least he isn't a liar like you. Liars are scumbags.

20. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      i don't have much time left I am getting ready for my final battle and after I win I will ascend.

21. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      When is your court date?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    22. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I agree, John. Especially when people are cynical liars who do really sickening things behind the scenes. There’s one person in particular on this forum who I could have reported to the police for being a creepy stalker on a personal account of mine, for example, but that’s not how I roll. And no this isn’t Michael Leigh I’m talking about, although he did do some things that were really nasty and uncalled for to someone else on here.

If you think I’ve lied about something then please tell me what it is and what’s really bothering you?

23. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If you're talking about where I posted your name and photo, it's publicly available on the Tinnitus Hub website and the UK police can't do jack squat to me because I'm in America and broke zero American laws, and that's not even stalking.

• Agree Agree x 2
    24. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I’m not talking about you. There’s a person who uses Tinnitus Talk who’s known to have well over 100 fake accounts and he/she would literally talk to himself/herself and like his/her own posts. This even spills over onto Facebook and other platforms. The sheer amount of time it would take to do all this is quite disturbing, so it can only make you wonder what kind of mindset a person like this would possess. It’s crazy.
      What? Who said anything about you?

You seem a little obsessed with me, John. I’m sorry if mentioning the truth about a lunatic offends you.

Just as a side note, people wonder why nobody wants to do any advocacy work or come forward for interviews and stuff. One major reason is this. There are too many nutjobs patrolling the internet under a veil of anonymity. They think they can do whatever they want whilst they hide in the shadows. It’s pathetic.

25. Barbara777

Barbara777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      How rude is that. Shame on you.

Your parents failed bringing you up.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
    26. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      upload_2019-12-10_20-48-6.png

is fabricating a clinicial trial to sell snake oil illegal?

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    27. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      when did these literal boomers start browsing MPP.

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    28. HootOwl

HootOwl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explanation in About You
      When I get out of this hearing distortion hell hole im gonna go back to school and do my dissertation on the winter MPP boomer war of 2019

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    29. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      You’re a credit to TT, John, but why you’ve randomly decided to bring this up I’ll never know.

All I can say is I love you too brother.

• Funny Funny x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      That’s a damn good question

• Agree Agree x 1