My Short Introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bdaqueen, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Bdaqueen

Bdaqueen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello, 7 years ago my Tinnitus started, about the same time I noticed my ability to hear had changed.
      I need to learn how to describe the noise. At times it sounds like sirens, at times it's pretty steady 'ringing' with a higher pitch in the background, sometimes I hear a popping sound. Also it can vary from left to right. My hearing aids have a masking sound that most of the time stop my hearing the ringing.
      Went to a 'new audiologist who had never had a patient who the masking sound always on, so she turned it off. I am thinking this was a bad idea.

While I was lurking, I read about the use of Magnesium supplements, have only been taking them for 10 days, eager to learn more,
      The only way to deal with the frustration is to learn how to advocate for myself...

Bdaqueen

2. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Hi @Bdaqueen and welcome!
      I agree that it is difficult to describe tinnitus sounds, especially when they change a lot. I can't speak about maskers or magnesium because I don't use either one. Have you been masking for seven years? Did you remove the hearing aids/maskers to sleep at night?

3. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Bdaqueen welcome to the forum.
      There is a thread in the Alternative Treatments section of the forum dedicated to Magnesium, check that out if you have time.