My Story need your support

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mario Gomez, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Mario Gomez

Mario Gomez Guest

I'm 23 years old ,i have had tinnitus for almost 9 years i think since 2004, have contacted so many Drs but unfortunately most of them were ( all of them) were useless they care about nothing except making money and money and more money ,
      My tinnitus have started after iwas exposed to a very loud voice , that night was a nightmare , i had to say Goodbye to silence after i started enjoying it in this very specific period of my life,i was like 14 years old and no one knows about how much I'm suffering, anyway at the beginning it was not that loud and i was not ready to give up, so i found ways to live with it daily, this is a torture, i mean my life sucks even before when i first start thinking now i can relax this tinnitus came to me, i mean honestly this life sucks,
      im in college now and i have a lot of pressure on me, and a lot of problems as well , i don't know whets going on,
      my tinnitus in my right ear is very loud and very annoying and unsupportable,
      and whats freak me out is that my other left ear start making noises from time to time,
      i don't know what to do i have no one to support me , I'm loosing my college,
      i have contacted a tinnitus clinic in the uk ( neuromodulation) i don't know if its really gonna work, i don't know if its expensive , i don't know what to do, i have suicidal thoughts i had enough of this life, /:

2. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      As long as you can sleep, you're still good.

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Mario,
      I'm so sorry that you've been experiencing tinnitus all this time, with little or no support. All of us here do understand what you're going through. Tinnitus is a lonely problem; no one can see that you have it, and you feel like you are suffering alone.

Please don't give up. There is a lot of encouraging research being done right now, and you are very young. I believe that there will be some solutions within the next few years that will help all of us cope better.

In the meantime, please tell us what you are doing to cope. Have you tried any supplements, any anti-anxiety medicines? Do you have anyone you can talk to about your tinnitus?

I don't know much about neuromodulation therapy; when you find out more about it, please give us an update on what you decide to do. Remember --- you are not alone!! You can come here to vent and ask questions at any time. We are all here to support one another. I'm glad you became a member of Tinnitus Talk!

4. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Well definitely sleep isn't the only thing that makes up one's quality of life. Dan is right though that with added sleep difficulties tinnitus can be much more of a problem. However, I couldn't find any mention about sleep issues in Mario Gomez's post, so who knows if there are problems in that regard too? With that story I would expect there have been problems with sleeping, as tinnitus so easily affects sleep.

I can very well understand your frustration, Mario G.

Don't your family or friends understand what you are going through? Have you told them, really told them how much you suffer and how bad tinnitus affects you?

The pressure from college definitely doesn't help things. Anything that increases anxiety is often bad for tinnitus. It can become a vicious circle. Have you tried speaking to your school's psychologist, tutor, teacher or anybody like that, explaining that you are going through a hard patch with your health & that you need leeway. Maybe fewer courses or time off, I don't know.

Tinnitus will not kill you, and while you are having these thoughts, don't let them overpower you. If you really feel like there's no other "out" and you've had enough, then immediately contact your doctor / psychiatrist / suicide hot-line, or such. I urge you to, if it comes to that. You will see that your situation is a whole lotta different one, two years from now.

Do you have any knowledge why your tinnitus worsened now? You are 23 now and you've had it since 14. Could it be due to stress about college? Or was there another loud noise exposure? Or don't you know what might be the cause?

I don't know what to suggest, other than that maybe you could ask your doctor about certain medications. (Klonopin, Lyrica, Xanax...). If you are very agitated and anxious, tinnitus isn't going to ease up. Some anti-anxiety drugs might be needed, but consult your doc about that. And! Avoid silence. Use ambient noise. Listen to nature sounds, white/pink/brown noise, whatever you like. e.g. http://simplynoise.com & http://mytinnitusmasking.com

You'll get through this!

Markku

• Like Like x 1
    5. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Heh, Karen & I seemed to post one after another within a 1 minute period. Great minds think alike...? :LOL:

• Like Like x 1
    6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug