My Tinnitus — Week 5

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dmitriy, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      It's my 5th week with tinnitus after loud noise exposure. Stress continues at work but for the most part this week was good. Sleep was OK, the T is still there, it still sounds like static, but my mind almost attributes it to something in the environment. The minor tonal T that I have in my right ear comes and goes at night. I noticed that is better some days (almost cannot hear it) and worse on others. I cannot figure out the pattern but I think it's worse on days when I have more stress or had a bad night of sleep.

The "pressure to the back of the head" was better last week, I think. It's still there but not to a point that used to keep me thinking about it. I still feel dizziness occasionally. It feels almost like my mind needs a few extra micro-seconds to catch up to input, so everything is a bit slow and delayed. The right ear still feels stuffy on some mornings. Again, there are better and there are worse days. It could be related to which side I sleep on at night.

This week I had a massage. I mentioned to my masseuse that I have T and she did reflexology massage on my feet for the ears. I swear - I had the best night sleep that day and didn't hear T at all.

Now for the bad news. Yesterday night I started to get pulsanite T in my left ear. It comes and goes, throbs for few seconds and goes away for few minutes. This was after an extremely heavy and very unhealthy celebration meal with family. It is continuing this the next morning. I am attributing it still to the food we ate and just stress of the first working day. I remember having pulsanite T occasionally even before my accident. I think everyone gets it's once in a while.

I mentioned before that when I yawn or burp (pressure change) I get quick tinnitus in my right ear. I think that is getting better. There is still some impact on my right ear but it's not ringing anymore, more like a regular pressure change.

I have ENT for Aug 29 to check my ears and hearing again.

What I do
      • Take multi-vitamin, B12, Magnesium in the evenings
      • Take 1-2 long walks per day to de-stress
      • Drink chamomile tea at night to calm anxiety
      • Occasional 10 minute meditation

• Useful Useful x 1
    2. smel

smel Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1994
      How has your T been? And how did the ENT appointment go?

I don't think I could get a massage. I'd be laughing the entire time as I'm very ticklish and having someone massage me would drive me bonkers in a good way. But I'm glad it worked well for you!

I didn't find any difference in my T based on what I ate or how I exercised, but of course others may have different experiences. It's a matter of finding what works for each of us. Keep us updated please!

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      Sorry, I didn't see your post. I created week 7 thread, take a look. https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/my-tinnitus-week-7.23971/

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      Also, see my post RE my ENT visit https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/went-to-ent-yesterday.23658/#post-272825