My Tinnitus Got Louder! Please Help

Discussion in 'Support' started by Blero, Jul 28, 2015.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Blero

Blero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress/ Air Pressure from flying
      @Quentino Thanks for the info! I hope you are right about this! My ears aren't sensitive to loud noise. I can still listen to loud music in my car and be OK. The volume of my T doesn't increase to loud exposure. Like you said, Ive had the same sounding T for years and now all of a sudden it gets louder. This most likely has to do with a long term build up of stress. I hope to God it goes back to baseline. Ill be a changed man. If it does go back to baseline, Ill keep you guys informed!

2. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      @Blero, keep us posted and don't lose hope.

@tinnitussufferer ..I wasn't about to waste time and energy to comment on your comment ..I will do it for the very last time. To win a lotto you need to cross numbers and you need only one, particular combination of numbers . You can count the very tiny probability you will win cause you have the data. When it comes to causes of T we have only to numbers. 1 and 0. standing for it will pass , 0 for it will not. We can add 2 let's say for '' it will subside a little but not to the previous level' option, if you want. And the result will be only ONE of those numbers . In this case there are only 3 possible options not millions of variations of numbers when you play lotto, right?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Blero

Blero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    4. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      yes there are 3 options but it doesnt mean each of those options are equally likely, which is what you are saying. Wheres the evidence for that?

with the lotto there are also two options, you either win or lose. But that doesnt means theres 50% chance either way. its heavily biased one way over the other. You dont know what the chances are with tinnitus, nobody does.

5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think that @Gosia and @tinnitussufferer are actually trying to say the same thing, it's just that in one case it's viewed with optimism and in the other it's expressed through a pessimistic lens. I personally tend to gravitate towards finding a lot more pragmatic utility in optimism, but I also think this is a sort of psychological diamorphism, and basically there is no way to reconcile the two viewpoints. That is, there's no real right or wrong, it's just a matter of being relatively on the sunny side of the street, or not.

6. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      If we had all the necessary info about the cause of T , it's development , all the knowledge about the organism of Blero then, of course, it wouldn't definitely be 50%/50% , obviously. But it's not the case, we don't know a jack, so one is as possible as the other in a way. Amazingly, if I had written this phrase '' one option is as possible as the other'', no one would notice, but since I used the maths symbol suddenly it became an issue for somebody. This is really the very last time I reacted to somebody who each time finds a way of trying to pull others down his ultra negative and self-destructive way of thinking. I'm not an extensively optimistic person either, but when there are obvious reasons to be optimistic ( spikes often subside ) , I don't see why I wouldn't be.

7. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      sorry but your reasoning is wrong and i am surprised nobody wants to correct you. You should not tell me there is 50% chance this is false. I am in the same situation as him and I dont want to be given false hope. The chance of tinnitus ever going away especially after many months is more like 1%. I spent many months very anxious about whether it would or would not go away and that was 10 years ago.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Blero

Blero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    9. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Blero

Blero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @tinnitussufferer is this the first time that your tinnitus has spiked "got louder" ? What caused it?

11. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      no. I dont know. I cant think of anything that did it.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Blero

Blero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @tinnitussufferer Im almost positive that it will eventually subside in some way shape or form. Again, I'm trying to be optimistic for you and myself. Now I have to ask you if your spikes have ever subsided for lowered in level?? I need some comfort as well

13. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      If I am correct, I believe my tinnitus has now come down again to the previous level since I posted that topic. However, I was still having trouble even at the previous level because the previous level can at times get high. So even though its good that its gone down (I think it took several days), I still have permanent tinnitus. and who knows when the next spike will be. I do everything I can to avoid noise.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Blero

Blero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm glad to know your T went down. Listen I also have permenant T. I am completly fine with having T. I've accepted the fact that I have it. But this increase in my T is very bothersome for me and difficult to habituate. It's been a month now and I'm hoping it will go back down. I'm happy to hear that it went back down for you!!! I'm very jealous. Don't lose hope, I get really angry sometimes too but we all know it's not going to help. Thanks for sharing, keep us informed

• Like Like x 1
    15. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      did your T1 fluctuate? and does your T2 fluctuate? is it both T1+T2 you have now?

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Blero

Blero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't think it fluctuated. My T2 doesn't fluctuate. I think I have both T1 and T2.

17. Alex Senkowski
      Inactive

Alex Senkowski Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I had a major spike in late 2013 which lasted for almost a month. It put me in the loop of worrying about it and making it worse. Then I got prescribed clonazepam and it elevated my mood long enough for the T to return to baseline. However, it took me almost a year to get off the damn drug. I'm not recommending clonazepam; it poses its own unique risks. I'm just saying that's what I had to do to break the loop I was stuck on.

• Informative Informative x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Blero

Blero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    19. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      why? what happened when you tried to come off it?

20. Alex Senkowski
      Inactive

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Withdrawal effects. Long and nasty. I was on the drug for about 3 months and thought that wasn't long enough for dependency to develop. I was wrong and spent the rest of 2014 slowly tapering in order to avoid the headaches, the grogginess, and the vicious T spikes. I'm finally off it now and am doing fine. The clonazepam worked in helping me get over the initial T spike, but I stayed on it too long afterward.

21. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah I was on adivan and zoplicone for a couple of months, what a nightmare. If you want really bad T and hearing loss, take these drugs and quit taking them cold turkey. I was never told by my doctors about tapering, never researched it, just stopped taking them. Bad mistake.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. Bertman
      No Mood

Bertman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concert
      I have been taking those two since the onset of my T(month ago). I haven't taken ativan in a few days though because I feel like my anxiety is starting to go down, I'm more so depressed now. I also find that the zoplicone is hit and miss for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

23. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Well, as anyone would say here...taper, don't come off too fast. Your brain will go haywire, these are both very addictive drugs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. Alex Senkowski
      Inactive

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Hearing loss? Permanent or temporary?