My Tinnitus Has Changed in the Past 3 Days

Discussion in 'Support' started by Portia Green, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Portia Green

Portia Green Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So my T has changed in the past 3 days...last night I didn't get any sleep...I'm so tired of being paranoid about my T...I'm frustrated because I have normal hearing but still have T...I been crying all morning!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Scared111

Scared111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      how has it changed? louder? or the sound is a little different? sometimes mine gets a little different but it reverts back . as for loudness maybe it's just a spike? Hope it calms down soon.

3. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Portia,

Tinnitus will not kill you. Once your mind acclimates itself to the noise, it will dismiss it as benign. It will take some time, but having a 1:1 session with yourself in the mirror is also a good idea.

However, not getting enough sleep is detrimental to your health. I am currently battling middle-of-the-night insomnia myself. It is not fun at all!!

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Portia Green

Portia Green Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes it has calmed down but I don't know what I did to cause it to spike...I had so many panic attacks last night...Idk if I can live like this

5. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      You will be okay... learning to live with tinnitus is a gradual acceptance process; your brain will ultimately get used to it and keep it as background noise and it will almost seem "normal" to you. In all honesty, it took me a good 4-6 months to get there, but I did. :) And so can you. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Rick Garner
      Fine

Rick Garner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/ 2016 (T free since mid March 2017) 
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD (most probably)
      You have to get some medication for sleep. When I had T, my ENT prescribed me Xanax-XR for two weeks, and it did help, not only with the sleep but also my anxiety and depression.

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Portia Green

Portia Green Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So Rick you don't have T anymore??

8. Rick Garner
      Fine

Rick Garner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/ 2016 (T free since mid March 2017) 
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD (most probably)
      Hi Portia,

My T completely disappeared in mid March this year after nearly 6 months. You can read my success story in that section.