My Tinnitus Has Changed ...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dr. Nagler, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      In fairness, the doc does get a bit of stick from those of us who see through his games. But you make a very good point - for a doctor to use medical terminology in a blatant attempt to publicly ridicule/belittle somebody is definitely a bit off, even for this particular doctor.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Yes, you are perfectly right, dboy. I find it natural now to be put on the same "ignore' list" as we were on the same page already.
      He just uses "impressive" medical terminology to belittle somebody publicly, cause he definitely didn't "put a correct diagnostic" (leaving the public aspect aside for a second). Not having a specialization in pshychiatry he is not qualified to put such psychiatric diagnosis, let alone in public. That is just one of his actions that are absolutely appalling, totally unacceptable!

And to that my pulsatile T reacts negatively!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      I wouldn't get going along that tangent if I were you, doc. As for "compulsive tendencies", I cannot help but wonder what role someone who writes their name in 6 different ways...

Dr. Stephen Nagler
      Stephen Nagler
      stephen nagler
      smn
      stringplayer
      sp

...plays in their overall pathology.

But you don't stop there; no, no... you took it one step further and requested that people on TSMB specifically refer to you as "stringplayer" for reasons that are "a matter of considerable importance" and also requested that your name gets edited in previous posts of yours:

http://dryrun28158.yuku.com/topic/4052/The-Doctor?page=1

And when that didn't happen, well... have a read of the link above (quite entertaining!).

4. From Tinnitus Talk Netiquette, in part:
      Be sensitive to, and respectful of, other members' feelings.
      Treat others with respect, kindness and empathy.
      Do not judge, belittle, harass or insult your fellow members or their conditions thereof.
      Such action will result in either a warning or ban, depending on the severity.
      There is no place for hostile comments on Tinnitus Talk.
      Disagreement is natural, and if kindly expressed, will be allowed. The staff, however, reserves the right to limit negative criticisms in a thread. What constitutes negative criticisms will be determined by the staff.

No doubt everyone can see that this thread has reached its expiry date.

Regretfully we have no other choice but to lock this thread.

• Agree Agree x 9