My Tinnitus Has More or Less Been Gone for Four Months

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Raphael7713, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Now when things are very well with me, I feel I'm obligated to shred some positivity here to encourage and give hope to fellow sufferers.

My tinnitus has literally been 97% gone since early February. And I have slept without any masking sound whatsoever since then. In these 4 months, in some occasions it has came back for like a day or two maximum then disappearing again. I have til this day no idea what caused my tinnitus.

So to all you sufferers out there, it CAN go away or become MUCH better, its not bullshit. I had mine for 13 months until I got to this 4 months without tinnitus. Be patient and have hope.

• Like x 15
      • Hug x 3
      • Winner x 2
      • Optimistic x 2
      • Agree x 1
      • Helpful x 1
      • Funny x 1
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Sounds like a success story to me. Good for you.....

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Thank you brother. I must admit I was even afraid of writing this post, because I was afraid to jinx it (yeah sounds silly I know...)
      But I feel as its my duty and I'm obligated to shed some light and encouragement. I know how you can feel as a result of tinnitus, and I know posts like this one can motivate and give energy to sufferers.

• Like Like x 5
    4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Spreading good news is always needed. I am sure other folks on this forum, can find your post helpful :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      Dude. @Raphael7713 So glad to hear a positive story and I am so happy for you!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    6. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Awesome news. I hope it stays gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Jenny Guo

Jenny Guo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you for this! I’m 14 and I’ve had tinnitis ever since I was 7. It’s super high pitched and annoying which results in sleepless nights for me. I’m so anxious about it and I’m constantly thinking about it. I really hope it goes away because I can’t imagine having to deal with this ringing for the rest of my life :(. Anyways I hope your tinnitus stays gone! Take care.

• Hug Hug x 11
    8. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      That's fantastic news! :) Congratulations.

Did it gradually fade and did you have it 24/7 or was it intermittent? This makes me very hopeful that T can fade/go away after 1+ years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Those are exactly my feeling. If mine ever suddently goes away one day I wont come on here and tell about it before it has been gone for several weeks/months.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Thank you everyone for your kind messages. Hopefully we will get there one day, either by our body healing itself, or by future medicine.

TheDanishGirl - Yeah you wait until you know that you are actually on the improving road. Then I feel sufferers have a duty to spread positivity here. But I can also understand if people want to leave this forum and never look back.

• Agree Agree x 2
    11. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am 13 months into T, and so far I have noticed no improvement at all, but your post gives me hope :)

12. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      Did you do anything special to make it go or it went on its own?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Nothing I can think off. Like I said, I have no idea what caused my T. Hearing tests came back alright, even if I know that that doesnt mean anything, there can still be a hidden hearing loss. Maybe it's my allergy causing it I dont know.

But I havent been to loud places, only some few times, I havent used a earphone since january 2017.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I really hope it happends for you and every T sufferer out there. I've heard some people have got ridd of it after 2-3 years even. Just let your body take it's time, dont go to loud places, dont use earphones on loud volume and these basic stuff. Miracles do happen. I know it can feel like "yea miracles happends to everyone but me" but give it time, you could be the one.

• Like Like x 3
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    15. BreachOfEuphoria
      Thinking

BreachOfEuphoria Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Congratulations Raphael7713!
      I hope you will get rid of it 100 %.

Respect to you for coming in here and creating a topic in success stories. We really need these success stories!

I'm gonna drink 2 liters of champagne if i'm lucky enough to get rid of my tinnitus. But AFTER i have created a topic in success stories :)

• Like Like x 1
    16. MeBeSurfer

MeBeSurfer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSRI Medication, Movie Theaters, or Gaming Headphones
      I agree on letting your body do its thing. I'm 8 months in and it has gone down a lot. Still annoying though, but I'll count my blessings. The key is let your body do its thing and don't do anything to make anything worse.

• Like Like x 3
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Thank you very much! Tho I dont want to take anything out quite yet, hopefully I will keep improve or at least stay this level. But things has really improved and thanks again.

And of course I will do anything to give people hope. Back in january 2017 I felt so bad that words cant even describe it, so I literally know what most people here feel and its not fun. I will do anything to help out.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Out of curiosity, how is your sleeping going?

This is for me one of the most important things without a doubt. Even when I had T I eventually started to sleep really well, and this has no doubt been one of the key factors to me being more relieved, less stressed and generally way better, which can kill or heavily reduce the T.

• Like Like x 1
    19. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      Congrats, hope it stays away for good (y)

20. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I sleep fine, but only thanks to mirtazapine which makes me fall asleep fast and I can easily sleep 9 hours or more on it.

It does help a lot getting sufficient sleep, but I am still somewhat bothered by the T during the day.

• Hug Hug x 1
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      So your next step should be to learn sleeping without the meds. Do it when you are ready, but don't get too hooked on them. I was on Zopiklone which helped a lot, and when I was trying to sleep without them I got to stressed. "What if I cant sleep now when I dont take the pill?!". But after 2 days I came off them. I dont know how Mirtazapine is, but I never found Zopiklon to be addictive..at least not for me.

22. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sorry, but I do not plan to get of the meds any time soon. I have always needed total silence to sleep and I still can not fall asleep by myself if there is noise, so with T I need a sleep aid......plus I also take it for the antidepressant effect because I suffer from on/off depression and have so for many years. Mirtazapine is an antidepresasant with a good drowsiness effect and it is not addictive (at least not anything as addictive as benzo's)

• Hug Hug x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      You do what feels best for you. But personally I think one should aim to come off of the meds, at least when it concerns sleeping, but if you also take it for antidepressive effect, I wont say anything since your doctor knows best.

• Like Like x 1
    24. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I respect your opinion, but I would never remove the meds as long as I am not habituated. If I eventually habituate then maybe I can remove them, but for now I have to take them.

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Go for it! You will become habituated, I'm sure of it. The brain is powerful and will adjust, and you can even be lucky enough to get rid of the damned thing.

• Like Like x 2
    26. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      Nice! but it all depends on the extent of damage caused. I caused substantial damage to my ears with the VEMP test which resulted mild-moderate hearing loss. Initially I had Mild T and then it sky rocketed to Severe T and Severe H. There was no improvement but worsening (vision problems because of T). You only have so many tries before you really mess it up. I encourage all the newbies who come here to only read the sucess stories and not the horror stories because they can become one of them.

27. Billthegardener

Billthegardener Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Great news, thanks for sharing the positive outcome. I have mod to severe random cycling T. I am thankful for the moderate days. It is so easy to get down in the dumps by it. My cause it's unknown. Rotating shift worker with poor sleep hours for 20 yrs. Sleep is so important.

28. anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum

Thanks for sharing seriously this is needed. I have trouble sleeping esp early mornings I get disturbed by it so much in the middle of my sleep I count numbers for me to fall asleep again. I have T since 7 months now. This post gives me hope. I would at least like it to become soft. I pray that my luck favors.

• Like Like x 1
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I will share anything that can have a positive effect to my fellow T sufferers. Even if I get 100% cured I will do anything to help. I've experienced this hell too, and do from time to time, so I'm aware of people suffering from this.

And as I've said countless of times only today. Anything under 1 year is still very short and a lot can happen. I don't want to give false hopes, but always remember that there have been lots of people who got rid of their T, or it dramatically reduced, after 2-3 years or more. 7 months is still early and a lot can change in your favor, and I pray it does!

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    30. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      It is not a smart move sleeping in a totally quiet room even though you are able to and your tinnitus is relatively low. You are tempting fate in my opinion and risk making your tinnitus become more intrusive. You shouldn't be masking the tinnitus but you should use sound enrichment as I've described in many of my articles and posts....

Michael