My Tinnitus Is Cured (Upper Cervical Chiropractor)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Bill Bond, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Bill Bond

Bill Bond Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sleeping incorrectly
      Hello everyone.

After 8 doctors: 2 PCP’s, 1 ENT and 1 neuro ENT, then onto 3 Chiropractors.

All promising to help me rid my tinnitus, hearing loss and annoying ear fullness in my right ear

Well, they all did not help me one bit. I was on my own!!!!

I remembered who I thought had the best but not the right diagnosis and that was my neuro-ENT. He told me I had Ménière’s.

I told him that I never experienced vertigo so I couldn’t have Ménière’s, it had to be something different.

So I went researching to help myself.

I found all about a relatively new type of Chiropractor and they are call Upper Cervical Chiropractors. They primarily deal with C1-C2 vertebrae misalignments which cause tinnitus, ear fullness, hearing loss and Ménière’s.

I found the closest Upper Cervical Chiropractor Doctor 103.7 miles away from my front door.

When I called to make the appointment the receptionist said the Dr will speak to you. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, finally a Dr who wanted to help me!

He took a thermal image of my neck, a 3D image of my neck, and a posture photo.

The results showed my C1-C2 were off a few degrees causing irritation to the nerve roots coming from the base of my skull.

After several visits, I no longer have loud buzzing noises, no ear fullness and most of my hearing is coming back.

Please, please do yourself a favor find an upper cervical chiropractor. These Dr’s are like engineers. they measure exactly how far out you are on alignment and use a mechanical table that does the adjustment, not a person trying to rip your head off your shoulders.

It’s so painless, you don’t realize the effects until about 2 hours after the alignment.

I have my life back thanks to Dr Ian Bulow in Cranberry TWP, PA.

• Like x 8
      • Winner x 3
      • Informative x 2
      • Funny x 1
      • Friendly x 1
      • Useful x 1
    2. Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      That’s awesome @Bill Bond. After how many visits did you start feeling relief? I’ve been going to my chiropractor for about a month now (3times a week) and I’ve definitely noticed some improvements. Although it could be better... my c1 and c2 is also out of wack and my chiropractor is trying to get it back to normal

• Like Like x 2
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Bill Bond,

Congratulations on your extraordinary improvements. You may want to check out THIS POST I made on AtlasProfilax. It's a unique technique that "repositions" the atlas, and which a number of people of achieved significant or complete remission of their tinnitus. Here's A LINK to some very short video testimonials. -- Again, congratulations. And thanks for coming back and sharing your story. Wow, after 10 years of tinnitus!

5. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      You'd better stick around and answer some questions :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    6. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      For me the only thing within my craniocervical mandibular system that functions well is my C1-C2 vertebrae. I get neck muscle spasms from a straighten spine done to injury and posture. I need constant head rest support. Basically what happens is that everything in my neck (craniocervical) pushes down and that also influences my (mandibular) part of this combined system.

When the neck is placing facet joint down pressure, the suboccipital nerves and fibers will send messages to the brainstem and that can trigger a TMJ response. This is very common for those with somatic tinnitus. Upward neck stretching, digastric muscle trigger point therapy is needed.

Also to read the articles on right side will be helpful.

http://starecta.com/craniocervical-mandibular-system/

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    7. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      https://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/hearing/tinnitus/cervical tinnitus.html
      Treatment:
      In general, cervical conditions are treated by treating the neck -- relief of spasm and pain. Cherian et al (2013) reported response in a single patient to physical therapy. As this is a single case report, little can be concluded. However, we think the general idea is good - -one should treat cervical tinnitus by treating the neck.

Levine (2007) suggested that cervical treatment was most successful in individuals with asymmetrical tinnitus (on matching), but normal hearing threshholds.

8. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Interesting, C1 and C2 seem to be where my problem is, basically the base of my skull. Did you ever have problems with your jaw or anything else?? Where do you live?

9. Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      What other symptoms did you have?? Did you have reactive tinnitus?? More information would be helpful.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. The Simcot

The Simcot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Bill, i actually found out about Upper Cervical Chiropractors curing tinnitus through an article i came across last week:

https://drtanase.com/2009/03/17/tinnitus-check-the-neck/

This seems to be a really promising way of curing tinnitus. I will give your Doctor a call and make an appointment as i have been looking for a Chiropractor who has proven results in Upper Cervical cures for tinnitus - thank you!

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      My body seems like its better after about 6 weeks and 6 appointments, although my tinnitus is unchanged. I'm not sure, but I think it takes time for the muscles, nerves and what ever else there is to heal.

@Greg Sacramento is my thinking true. Does your neck muscles, nerves, alignment, etc. take time to fix itself after the upper cervical chiro? It's not gonna happen overnight right?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    12. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      That's what my upper cervical guy said. Once things are in order and not being bombarded then they can start the healing process

13. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Did you get this done? If so let me know how that goes

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      Ya I've been doing for about a month now, first twice a week, now down to 1. My neck pain as been helped a lot and I think my T is a bit more "stable"

15. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Interesting, unfortunately the only upper cervical chiropractor near me is 5 hours away.

16. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      I guess I should add I have a messed up neck from years of labor work and hunching forward blasting noobs in Halo.

• Funny Funny x 2
    17. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Are you thinking that's the cause of your tinnitus? Or hearing loss?

18. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      I don't know anymore. I've experienced a few loud events since onset and never had a spike from a specific one. My T goes up and based on the day. If I stretch my neck, or clench my teeth I can make my T louder but it stays loud for like 30 seconds. It's all very bizarre and I feel broken ha!

• Hug Hug x 1
    19. Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      How many times did your upper cervical chiropractor say you would have to come?? Also have you gone there yet and did they not adjust you because you were in alignment?

20. Arseny
      Wishful

Arseny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly from problems with blood flow
      Is there a link where I can find all the necessary exams that I need to get done before the treatment?
      I have done an X ray yesterday and today showed it to a chiropractor.
      He said that I have osteochondrosis (mild) and my C1 and C2 are rotated and it's mostly likely caused by birth trauma. I also have found out that my bottom teeth are slightly moved behind so when I clench my teeth only my upper teeth are visible. This supposedly can also cause tinnitus.
      Ultrasonic exam of my neck/head veins showed problems with blood outflow. Especially on the right side.
      I have found a position where I can modulate my tinnitus in the right ear. I can basically make my very silent pulsatile tinnitus to make extremely loud whoosing sound, like you get from blood flowing. I cannot replicate this every single time, but the connection is there. And also I don't want to. The position is very unnatural and I don't often get in this position during a day.
      The thing is that my hissing sound on the left side of my head doesn't change when I try to move my neck the certain way. I think the hissing is cause by either antibiotics or noise exposure (MRI machine). Most likely noise exposure.
      I'm getting HBOT treatment right now.
      Should I look into getting my neck fixed, or just try to let my ears heal from the MRI incident?
      To be honest I don't really trust local chiropractors, because the don't have special equipment onsite and basically doing everything with their hands. I'm willing to travel to a central city in my country where my family lives, they can find an experienced doctor there.

• Creative Creative x 1
    21. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Please keep us updated as you go through the treatments.

22. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      what kind of doctor did you go to, to get all these tests and information?

23. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I myself think gentle, upper cervical chiropractic would be the best choice if that's the route you decide to go. -- Best!

24. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      They recommended 8 week. 2 times a week for the first 2 or 3 and then once a week after that. No he took x Ray's and checked out how out I was. Which was not terrible but could lead to problems. @Jack Straw usually I have to massage my neck 24/7 to feel any relief but after seeing him I have close to no pain. Also i didnt mention Tinnitus until after a few sessions to see how I respond.

25. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      And yes I've been going since mid october

26. Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      The last week my tinnitus has been very very low to the point where it doesn't bother me. A week is a long time for it not to bother me. I took a nap today and when I woke up my tinnitus was a little louder and went from my left side of my brain to my right the louder side.

Another funny thing is before all this happened in June of 2017 I had the smallest gap (1/64 of an inch) between my two front teeth. When my neck/jaw and tinnitus happened my teeth shifted and bunched up and I had no gap in-between my front teeth. The last week or so I noticed that gap is going back to normal the 1/64".

Maybe things are starting to get back to normal.

27. agal123

agal123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      @Mathew Gould That's great news about your T! I have T from TMJ/TMD started in August. My dentist made me a stablization splint, which i have been wearing for a month. I also have been getting adjustments from a chiropractor (not a Nucca). I have been doing well. T has come down in volume since this all started. When i started feeling better my chiro dropped my visits down to once every couple weeks, i notice T in my right ear seems to have picked up now that my chiro visits are not as often (i was going twice a week) i have been curious to try a Nucca, closest one is more than an hour away. Wondering if the more precise adjustments might help? Keeping busy helps me block it out, and i am thankful it's not as loud as it was. It's definitely somatic, volume adjusts by jaw movements. I do agree, i think it takes time to notice changes. I hope you have continued success. Thanks for posting your updates!

• Like Like x 1
    28. Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Do you have reactive tinnitus? Reactive means your tinnitus goes up with sound from things like the TV, furnace, etc...

Thanks, yeah I had a good previous 7 days with low tinnitus and last night I could feel like I was out of alignment. Woke up today and my tinnitus was there again. Went to the NUCCA and yup out of alignment.

• Like Like x 2
    29. agal123

agal123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      @Mathew Gould No my T does not appear to be reactive. I actually do better when the tv is on, my kids are talking, dryer is going etc. It helps mask it. It's quiet rooms for me where i can tune in easily. So i like a little bit of noise. Do you experience ear fullness at times too or just the T?

That's so interesting about the Nucca. It makes sense, depending on sleeping position, posture. I am sure when that builds it can effect alignment. I definitely notice a difference from going to my chiropractor. Overall doing better. The T is a nuisance. I've been wearing my dental splint for 1 month. Dentist wants me to wear for at least 6 months. From what they keep telling me the ears are always the last part to recover. Today was actually a good day. It was a lower T day, then i can have a day or 2 where it's higher. I am keeping a journal to see if i can pinpoint what triggers it and what helps it.

Hope you have more quiet days ahead! The Nucca sounds great!

30. agal123

agal123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      @Mathew Gould i mentioned before that the closest Nucca is about an hour away, although i do have an Atlas Orthogonal Chiropractor near by that uses some kind of Atlas machine that does laser adjustments to upper cervical area. No manual adjustments, which is what i am currently getting. I wonder if it is the same type of procedure? My chiro office also offers accupunture which some people say helps them. I am glad there are options, but i also don't want to jump from one procedure to another too quickly because i think they take time.