My Tinnitus Is Fading 4% Each Month

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by joseph Ghass, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I admire you too and I wish you that things will go according to the plan.

2. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      You are setting a good example for all tinnitus sufferers. And it seems to be working for you, well done.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

I am just trying to find a certain protocol that can help all T sufferers out there, including me.

Yes, things are working. My left ear is almost cured. When I am done with T my next quest is to help others.

Pain is temporary, giving up is permanent. #neverquit

• Winner Winner x 1
    4. JohnK
      Busy

JohnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/26/2015 (habituated) 5/13/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline (2015) Otimize ear drops [neomycin] (2019)
      This is awesome! How did you get Tinnitus?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Most probably from loud noises but not 100% sure.

The last 2 days, T is literally dieing.

Now T is seeking for help :)

We are getting close guys!

One last thing I added is prayin each night for 30 minutes.

Whatever God decides I obey

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Fasting for 20 hours and eating in a 4 hours window. This will put your body into repair mode.

Let's do this!

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Ok guys, I am into phase 2 of habituation where T bother me only in spikes rather than creating anxiety.

The numbers of sounds are diminishing and going into the background.

Based on my calculations I am into 38% recovered for a 9.5 months timeline.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Michael Calbera
      Inspired

Michael Calbera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shooting
      keep going Joseph!

so now, at what place u notice your T? like very quite room or smth else?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Thanks Michael!

Yes, in quiet places I will notice it but it doesn't bother me that much and I am ok with that.

When I watch TV, I almost hear it in the background.

I now applying 4 stress management techniques:

1- meditation
      2- self massage(in the shower)
      3- walking outside for 1 hour
      4- writing neatly on a paper for 15 minutes

Not to mention gym workouts.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Today was the best day since 9.5 months.

left ear 1/10
      Right ear 3/10

I am able to take a sneak peak again on what so called silence!

Here is the 4 areas you need to work:

Nutrition
      physical activity
      stress management
      Spiritual strength

these are the 4 pillars to defeat T.

I dont wait the mercy of others to create a drug to treat T.

God created for you the tools to defeat anything, you just need to activate them.

I am happy to discuss these 4 pillars for anyone who want to exoerience a change with their T.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Interesting. I'll be looking into this ketogenic diet, as well as upping my work outs.. cant lie, i've been slacking on exercise since my T began. And I really need to start meditating. I've tried it once, but found it difficult to not let my mind wander.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      The idea is to let your body to function optimally to recover faster or even reverse/treat any issue in your body.

Let me know if u have any questions regarding keto diet. Been researching it for years now.

• Like Like x 1
    13. Glutenphobic

Glutenphobic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Following. I love your outlook and plan. I will defeat mine as well.

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. PatrickG

PatrickG Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punch/kick to the right ear
      Hi Joseph!
      You are an inspiration to me!
      I've had fluctuating tinnitus which ranges from mild (1-2/10) to severe (6-8/10) for about 5 weeks after a misplaced kick to the ear from a friend at martial arts training. It has fucked up my life more than I could ever imagined (you know exactly what I mean so I won't talk about that).

But just as you I believe that the body can heal itself with the right set of tools. And as most people I've read everything there is about this affliction and you are the first one I've ever written to! (my first post ever) :)

I share your take on handling the issue and one day become well. I'm very interested in the diet you're having. Do you have more examples of what you eat/recipes? Do you also stay away from salt?

As for supplements, I now currently take 5HTP, Q10, Omega3, magnesium, zink, B12 and phospatidylcholine.

I try to eat a lot of vegetables, fish, eggs and also drink a lot of water and green tea with fresh ginger. I usually work out, but haven't done so for the last 2 weeks because of lack of energy.

I've also been sleeping badly so occassionally I've been taking sleeping pills (usually half dose) to get some sleep but I will try to stop this as soon as I can.

I'm I on the right track?

Thanks for your support and the information you provide to us.
      Really really appreciated Joseph.
      /Patrick

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Thanks! I am sure you will do. Let me know If u need anything.

• Like Like x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Hi Patrick!

Thanks for your kind words.

I can feel your pain man but what options we have. We either quit or fight for it.

As for my plan, nutrition is just one part of it.

I beleive to create an environment for optimal recovery, your body needs to function optimally.

this include ruling out any issues like high BP, high level of bad cholesterol (ldl, triglycerides), obesity, gut issues, etc.

one diet that can improve all these biomarkers is a low carb diet, specifically a ketogenic diet.

basically, you get your carbs only from vegetables(30g of carbs).
      moderate protein, and high fat(75% of your total calories)

Fats like coconut oil, olive oil, butter, nuts, avocado, etc..

When you cut carbs, your brain starts using fat as fuel called ketones. You need like 6 weeks to adapt to this and to start getting the benefits.

As for supplements, I take 1g DHA(mainly from sardine), 5g Potassium, 40g fibers, 700mg magnesium, b12 + b6 from food, probiotics to promote better gut health.

As for my whole plan it includes:

Nutrtion as stated above, exercise, stress management like meditation, massage.spiritual strength (praying).

If you intend to do the keto diet, let me know to give you some other tips.

Hope this helps,

joseph

• Like Like x 3
    17. PatrickG

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nice to get a quick reply Joseph :)
      That's how it is! It feels terrible some days, but what do we have if we at least don't try to fight it and have hope? I'll do what I can even though it's really damn hard right now. People like you make it worth trying. Thanks for that!

I undertand the concept and will try to follow it as good as possible. So basically it's vegetables (preferably greens and fatter stuff), fish, meat, eggs, oils and nuts. But what about salt? And it would be kind of you if you maybe could provide examples of recipes? I read that you eat in a specific cycle. Could you give more information about that?

About the supplements, when did you start taking them?

Lots of questions. I'm thankful for you being here and taking your time helping people. Much love to you!

About you, how are you doing at the moment?

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      You need to up your intake of sodium because you will lose some while on ketosis. Take 3g of sodium.

include avocado to increase your intake of potassium.

as for meals, you can start your day with whole eggs, cheese and bacon done with coconut oil and some cabbage, spinach.

second meal, could include fish(prefer sardine) or any other meat with one avocado and some vegetable s dressed with olive oil and lemon.

as for other recipes, you can hit google and find tons!

You can include fasting also by not eating for like 14 hours and only have ur meals between 10am and 6pm. You can have only water.

I started taking the supplements 4 months ago.

right now, I am watching tv and I barely hear some hissing. That was not the case 3 months ago.

it improves every months, my initial forcast is 25 months for full recovery. But it can take less with the plan I am on now

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    19. PatrickG

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Again, thank you for your tips! They keep my hope up! Even if it may not work, the sensation of hope is invaluable. I sense that you've done a lot of research around what can be done to help the body heal itself and the nerve damage in the ears. I will start with the diet tomorrow and take the progress step by step. The worst side effect of tinnitus is the anxiety and difficulty to sleep. I think most people would agress on that.

Intersting fact for you might be is that I had the exact samt injury before and it healed completely 100% in about 3 weeks from the exactly same type and intensity of tinnitus. And I healed from about 7-8/10 to about 0-1 in the last day. So I know for a fact that it can heal, if you are lucky as I was. Everyday I can't believe I'm in this nightmare again. This time I pray that faith might help me again, but sometimes we don't get a second chance. Doctors surely are pretty sceptical for a full recovery.

I'm curious, did you start noticing the bigger difference in your recovery when you changed the diet? And how did you manage the first 6 months?

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      It will fade, dont worry about it.

Initially, my severe T started healing 4% each month until lately I started this regimen and recovery doubled to like 8%.

Additionaly, I set many other goals like getting shredded, better stress management, variation in training in the gym like HIIT, core training for spine support.

let nutrition be your medicine!

21. PatrickG

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I will follow this plan and stay healthy in every way I can to maximize the body's resources and chances for recovery.

I will also follow your progress here. Please keep us updated with it because it gives us hope and I'm sure everyone wishes the best for you. Do you also want me to post my progress here from time to time to let you know if it's working?

Also, if there is anything you would like to talk about, please let me know. I'm here :)

Great to hear about you recovery! Must feel great to have some form of control over this and that something can be done.

22. Lloyd Carter
      Wishful

Lloyd Carter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Trauma
      Hi Joseph. I admire your persistence with this diet, but would caution you in advising other members to try it. This diet is anything other than an extreme long shot to reduce or cure tinnitus. The Ketogenic diet is not healthy to be on, and is only recommended in severe cases of epilepsy when patients are not responding to anti-seizure drugs. Speak with any qualified nutritionist about it and they will say the same thing.

Moreover, if Keto reduced T or cured it for ANY significant number of sufferers, it would be well established by now. It would be recommended by ENT's, and used all over the world. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

I pray for your T to continue to lower and eventually subside completely. By all means, if you believe it is working, continue! But just know that if Keto was the answer to curing T, the sufferer that discovered this would be front page news on every major newspaper throughout the world. They would be awarded the Nobel Prize and go down in history for curing one of the most complex symptoms in human health. Unfortunately, this is not the case, as Keto almost certainly has no effect on tinnitus.

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Measured my blood ketones and they are 3 mmol which indicates I am now in nutritional ketosis.

let gaba production begins!

Will update this thread monthly as I am not visiting the forums anymore.

• Creative Creative x 1
    24. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    25. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      After reading the above article to my fiancé, who actually has multiple sclerosis and could also benefit from the diet, we're going to give the ketogenic diet a try.
      I may add, according to the article, olive oil may not be the best thing.

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Yes Epic, getting into Ketosis is the healthiest thing you can do especially your brain. It bring back the chemical balance into the brain.

You need to couple this with some stress management techniques.

27. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll try my best, starting today. Will make a trip to the grocery store later and load up on some veggies and stuff.

Can you really not a have any fruit? That would be too bad..

28. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This may help. 397a0b203e7221555ddf79da327a6382.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Yep, excellent Ecip! On for a healthy body and brain!

• Like Like x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Tmj therapy included:

Tmj, neck, shoulders massage.

no chweing gum, fewer meals, changed pellow for better neck support.

Eating window 4 hours, fasting for 20 hours. This will enable jaw muscle to recover.

current T level: 2/10 in 2 ears.

it is you and me Mr. T. I will make you Tap!

• Like Like x 2