My Tinnitus Keeps Changing Pitch

Discussion in 'Support' started by derpytia, Jun 19, 2014.

1. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      My T tone that I first started out with 2 months ago keeps changing pitch on me. A lot. Like when I started out it was lower in pitch and it seems to keep gradually climbing higher in pitch and then going down again. Of course my perception of it has changed a bit so it's not as loud as it was when I first got it because I'm not as stressed (but still plenty stressed) as I was then. Does anyone else have this happen to them and how frequently?

2. Alex Senkowski
      Inactive

Alex Senkowski Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      My T is a consistent tone throughout the day but becomes a cacaphony shifting tones when I lie down for sleep. I think its affected by the position of my head and needs time to adjust because it always quietens down after a few hours.

3. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      Mine changes. Changed a lot at first and I think it still changes, but I don't monitor it as much so I can't be sure. I think it is a good sign that it changes - like your body is trying to sort the T out

4. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      My pitch and sounds change often. I hear many different sounds throughout the day.

5. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      How did you get T? What medications have you had so far? Do you have high freq loss? Have you tried oral steroids yet ?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      I got the T I think from a combination of ETD, anemia, and listening to too much music on headphones for a week... :( I've had T for two months now and it doesn't show any sign of going away ever. I was not given the option of oral steroids by any of the doctors that I've seen. I'm going to an audiologist on Saturday to get fitted for some musician's earplugs that I sort of already needed anyway considering I'm a music major...