My Tinnitus Stops When I Listen to Certain Frequencies

Discussion in 'Support' started by ruusupuska, Apr 11, 2019.

1. ruusupuska

ruusupuska Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, I have had high frequency tinnitus for ages and I’m used to that. I actually thought that everyone has ringing ears :D I’m 25. But anyway...

I have had this new weird tinnitus (beeeeep) for about a month. It’s mid-frequency so around 1400 Hz, in the right ear and it started from nothing. No hearing loss... maybe due to my bruxism and TMD. Some days, in a total silence, the ringing is gone (?!?!) and it only starts ringing when external sounds are around. It seems to go on and off with sounds, jaw and head movement. Some days it’s very quiet and less reactive with long completely silent moments (e.g. when I go to sleep which is awesome and I wish it would be like that all the time...) and some days it rings louder and constantly. Usually the ear is quiet/ totally silent when I’m relaxed and my muscles aren’t tense. Muscle relaxants and some painkillers seem to have a positive effect also.

Today, the ear has been more ”aggressive” and rings also in complete silence too. I started listening to different tones on Whist - Tinnitus Lite app and noticed that the tinnitus stops completely when I listen to frequencies around 2000-3000 Hz?? What on Earth is going on in my right ear??

Has anyone had similar tinnitus?

• Like Like x 2
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      You are most likely experiencing Residual Inhibition.

3. RichardGuy
      Depressed

RichardGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/16/17, At Age 20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acute
      Ever checked out ACRN protocol?

4. computerguy
      Cool

computerguy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure worsened by jaw/neck issues and ETD
      I seem to be experiencing something similar after a spike that started 2 months ago. Whistling type noise around 6 kHz that comes and goes on top of my regular hissing tinnitus. My jaw movement seems to affect it as well. Listening to ACRN (http://www.generalfuzz.net/acrn/) at 6 kHz seems to work as well to temporarily lower the sound or makes it disappear completely for some time.