My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cameron99, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Cameron99

Cameron99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown as of yet
      im 17 years old and stared having constant tinnitus a few days after my birthday this year (early June). A few weeks prior I had been worrying myself about it as my dad has it and I had been reading online. Because of this I started noticing it a bit at night time but I think it was down to my imagination. However, low and behold I got it. It's comparable to that of an old tv which is on mute, but just slightly lower pitched. In the past I've had T explode in one of my ears really loud, often when my ears pop, but now I get both. I work in a supermarket which has some noises equipment, and I had a habit for around 8 months of putting my headphones on full volume most days so I believe my T to be down to hearing damage. For the first 4 weeks I was scared to death. For a while I struggled to sleep, kept thinking about it all the time, getting head and ear aches from it. But now 7 weeks in I'm starting to live with it. I no longer need a fan on to get me to sleep, I don't worry about it as much as I did, and I don't get head or ear ache as much. If anyone can give me any tips on how to cope, what reduces it, what you think it might be related to that would be so helpful.

Cameron

Just to add, I don't have good posture and my back and neck muscles are pretty tense at the minute. Haven't been to see and cyropractor or masseuse but not sure if it could be linked. Also, before my onset. I had a bad cold which made me really binged up. I have chronic rhinitis which means my sinises are inflamed, so not sure if that could also be a cause as synopses are linked to the ears.

2. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      It doesn't seem to me you need any help coping, you are doing fine =) ?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cameron99

Cameron99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown as of yet
      I'm no longer at the stage where I want to put my head through a wall (I got close), but it still does my nut in. My biggest thing is thinking about it, so have you any tips on how to stop me? ;)

• Like Like x 1
    4. LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      It's important to live your life like you did before.. do what makes you happy, maybe do something involving your hobbies..

I love gaming, and it took a bit for me to get back into games after my onset.. but when I'm playing games I don't notice my T.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cameron99

Cameron99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown as of yet
      i liked listening to music, but since my onset I've avoided it due to me being scared of wearing headphones. i like to play games also, just got back into using my gaming PC. however i still notice my T. i believe that i will get used to my T, being in mind I've only had it less than a couple of months. i have my ENT apointment on the 11th October, so i hope that knowing the cause will help put my mind at ease. thanks for your help!

6. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      Mine also sounds like an old tv which is on mute. Mine also came after a cold and a subsequent dysfunctioning Eustachian tube. I still haven't gotten used to it yet.

7. LukeYoung
      Frantic

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah I understand I didn't get straight back into my music or games until I was comfortable and somewhat accepting of T

8. LukeYoung
      Frantic

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yep mine too.. kinda like a scrambled signal sound..

Basically like the sound when you turn on an old tv

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cameron99

Cameron99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown as of yet
      what did the doctors say about yours? will it go away or is it permanent. obviously mine could be completely different, and i took decongestants for about 2 weeks and it didn't help. however this is one of the main things i thought it might be. i haven't gotten used to mine, infant the last few days it seems to be sounding different, but i think its due to me thinking about it so much for the last few days.

10. LukeYoung
      Frantic

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My sound changed after I had my ears cleaned. Went a little lower but changed from my left ear to my head and from a single loud tone to an old tv sound.

Mind you my ear had ALOT of wax.

11. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Mine too, like a tv on mute.
      but if i cover my ears, i can listen to a pure tune, or static sound

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cameron99

Cameron99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown as of yet
      Me too, my seems to have shifted to a lower pitched sound. This will probably change today though as I've only just woken up.

13. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doctors didn't really say anything, except make sure I take the proper vitamins like B and flavinoids. I still have a somewhat dysfunctioning Eustachian tube, although it's finally starting to get better. As for the T, I'm still waiting on whether it's from the dysfunction or if it's something else.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cameron99

Cameron99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown as of yet
      That's great! Have you found your T had gotten less prevalent since you stated your treatment?

15. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's been the same. When I wake up it's there, and sometimes it seems to go away during the day and come back when I try to go to sleep. Honestly the vitamins don't really do much. I was taking a daily multivitamin even before it started. What helped with my Eustachian tube inflammation (at least I think that's why my ear always feels full) was a steroid nasal spray. However, I have stopped taking them because they made my nose very dry. I still have ear fullness, but not nearly as much. I have had maybe 2-3 days where I have not had any T. It's all really confusing because I have mild headaches everyday and my nose no longer produces boogers. I also no longer produce any phlegm whatsoever so the back of my throat feels extremely dry all the time.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cameron99

Cameron99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown as of yet
      [QUOTE="The Red Viper, post: 197486, member: 16395"What helped with my Eustachian tube inflammation (at least I think that's why my ear always feels full) was a steroid nasal spray. However, I have stopped taking them because they made my nose very dry. I still have ear fullness, but not nearly as much. I have had maybe 2-3 days where I have not had any T. It's all really confusing because I have mild headaches everyday and my nose no longer produces boogers. I also no longer produce any phlegm whatsoever so the back of my throat feels extremely dry all the time.[/QUOTE]
      I've got chronic rhinitis so I produce loads of phlegm and mucus anyway. I was on Masonic to improve my hayfeaver this year but it didn't make any difference.