My Turn Now :(

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Raphael7713, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I guess you've heard it all before, but here is my story.

I noticed my tinnitus in the early morning of january 15 last week exactly. I had/have a cold for some days, and for some reasons I went out with a friend and took a couple of beers. I got headache and as stupid as I was, I also took 2 oxynorm pills. That night/morning when I tried to sleep I noticed I had tinnitus. I thought it was the bad combo of headache, alcohol and cold.

Now, a week later, I still have it and I'm going INSANE! What triggered it...was it the cold, was it the pills? I have never been to a concert or anything like that, but I play loud music using headphones. I already have trouble falling asleep, now with this...oh my God I cant explain the torture. Yesterday was litteraly the WORST day of my life I just felt so down and I thought I would go mad/panic any moment. Its always coming from the right so im guessing its the right ear. (what a genius). It's more of a whissling sound. The SAME day I got it, now I don't know if this has anything to do with it, I got pretty hard pain in my right ear when burping. But THAT has gone after that very day.

And two other things, I dont know if this has anything to do with my tinnitus or anything but first is;

Sometimes when I snor I always get this locked feeling on my right ear, but its only during snoring and its not there. When I close my nosedrills and blow once again I get the locked feeling only of the right ear. And lastsly, and this ive had long before my tinnitus. Everytime i bow down i got a strange sound noise in my right ear which goes away when I stand up. I was at the ENT in november for the latter reason and they couldn't find anything and 2 doctors even complimented my hearing test and said it looked very good.

So guys, I know its DANGEROUS to be hopeful because it can bite you in the ass. Do you think it's from the cold..if so, will it go away? The pills? Im really looking forward for answers because I feel so down.

Thanks and hugs.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      And I think I also should mention this (perhaps nothing).

But I've also had post nasal drip since summer 2014 and I wash my nose alot with water and salt with a nasaline. Can it have something to do with it? Now I listed everything that could possibly trigger it.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      I think it's from you cold virus.
      Ears are the last to get better and takes time for mucous to clear.
      Try steam inhalation and Sudafed also to help clear your tubes.
      Time is a great healer and can take a few weeks .
      Always get checked over again if you have . Pain and a secondary infection in your ear .
      Keep sound on around you and quiet natural sounds at night.
      Give your ears a rest from ear phones and headphones as they can cause and spike tinnitus for some people...lots of love glynis

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Thanks for you quick answer!

The thing with keeping sound around me when I sleep doesnt work so well. Because I have ever since I was a child had difficulties sleeping even of the slightest sound imaginable. My brain doesnt let go of sound, if its there, It WILL think about it until I get to sleep from pure exhausion. So tinnitus is ironic because if there is one person that simply cannot stand sound while trying to sleep, its me.

I hope and pray you are right and it's from the cold. But I've also read stories on swedish forms where people say they got it from a cold and it hasnt gone away. But then again I know reading on the net isnt always the smartest thing to do.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      AND another thing, I always seem to forget to mention something.

The sound sounds more "distant" than close. Maybe because its low or I dont know.

6. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try lavender on your pillow as will relax you and the sense of smell is a good distraction....
      Its finding what works best for you...lots of love glynis

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Alright thanks! I just need to feel better because its amazing how 1 week of tinnitus has gotten me to lose all lust of life.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      And I'm going to bump this up with two things:

First is: Why does my tinnitus get louder when I'm outside?
      Secondly: I just walked for an hour because I've been home for to long. The first half of the walk was completely noiseless. The second half I had a constant peep at the right side, at first I thought it was some machine from the distant but noticed it didn't go away.

Thoughts?

9. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Raphael7713 - first question?
      It could just be your tinnitus reacting to outside sounds or just the way your tinnitus goes for you as we all have triggers.
      Second question -Could be due to increase in blood pressure when very active and back to normal with rested heart rate....lots of love glynis

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Thanks once again for you answer. I'm really, really struggling here! Everything simply became meaningless. Nothing excites me anymore, I don't know if and how I will get into a relationship someday and how it will be like. Every drop of joy simply vanished.

11. Virginia1027

Virginia1027 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2013
      Rafael7713,

Please don't give up! I promise you things will get better!!

When I first got tinnitus I dreamed of dying. My joy was completely gone - and I have four young kids!

Please believe me when I tell you that everyday you are getting one step closer to recovery. You will return to a normal life one day. Sure, there will be some adjustments, but I promise that this will not stop you from living a full, happy life! I go to movies, swim, run, laugh and yes - SLEEP! There are times when my tinnitus annoys me but most days I barely notice it. I don't have the anxiety reaction anymore. I have habituated.

My main key to recovery was finding a friend who was a few years ahead of me on my tinnitus journey. It was so reassuring to hear positive messages from someone who's been there!!

Feel free to email me at Virginia.comi@gmail.com if you're feeling low again. I'd be glad to help!

• Like Like x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Thank you for your answer! And now I come with even more questions!

One thing I've noticed today is; When I was outside with my friends and we talked a lot, during the period we all talk in eachothers mouth there was a peep in the background. As soon as everyone went silence, it was like the peeping went away with it. It's like sometimes I hear this peep/tinnitus ONLY when there is sound around me, and when things get quiet, I don't her the peep anymore.

Having said that, yes I still got my tinnitus when it's silence but very quiet so far (thank God). I still hope it's some kind of infection/virus from the cold that is treatable.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      More questions incoming..put up with me, please :)

Last night when I attempted to sleep, lying on my left, my left ear/eardrum started to spasm and the only way for it to stop permanently was if I switched position. This can sometimes happen to my right ear as well. When certain types of sound makes contact with my right year, it will start to spasm or sound like an engine. I've had this symtoms long before my tinnitus started. I think I got them last february/march. Can this have anything to do with my tinnitus?

14. ChrisfromCanada
      Terrified

ChrisfromCanada Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection

This is a great and inspiring messege @Virginia1027 . I'm a tinnitus newbie who at times is losing hope but reading something like this makes me want to fight

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      So back in january 14-15 I experienced my tinnitus for the first time. Two days later I wrote a thread about it here and explain my situation and how down I felt and so on. Exactly 2 weeks had passed, on the night of january 28th when I was going to bed....nothing. My T was gone. I couldn't believe it..I wouldn't dare believe it. But it was gone. Whole of february was good and the first days of march. But now, since four days back, my T has returned. The exact same whissling sound and volume and everything is exactly the way it was the first two weeks with tinnitus back in january.

In friday I was exposed to loud music and I told my friends all the time "please can we leave this is not good for my ears" so maybe it was from there I don't know.
      What do you guys think, is it possible for it to go away again? What do you make of my situation. Luckily it didnt make me so sad and depressed again because i have got a lot stronger mentaly since the first two weeks with T (something good came out of it!). I also suspect that maybe it can be because of my sinus because i've had problems with sinus and post nasal drips for almost three years.