My very first brief encounter with almost silence.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Per, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      As some of you may know I have very loud and constant T. I've never ever experienced any decrease except from a very slight decrease whilst on benzo's. But it's more like brain based perceived feeling of relief, like being knocked out and nummed, but it doesn't really lower my T level. After seven months of suffering from this hellish uninterrupted condition I experienced a brief encounter of almost 100% silence on Saturday! I don't how to put in words but it's one of the strongest feelings of freedom I've ever had. As I knew T would return I just walked around in my living room touching my skin, as if to strengthen the feeling of being a human. I really cant explain this but it was a feeling of pure freedom. Can't find another word for it. It lasted for about 3-4 minutes, then the familiar piii.iiiip returned, it just kept on increasing and 10 minutes later it was back to full volume again.

I would give everything I have to find out WHAT was going on inside my auditory cortex at the time! Perhaps someone could develop a measuring device? I would gladly wear it all year in case it happens again. I bet my brain waves were in another chemical balance at that very moment, or my "system" was suddenly in full correspondence with my inner ear, firing less electric activity.

Seven months of constant T. Three minutes of almost total silence. What a small amount in a sea of pain. I've only read about this happening to others, now I know how it feels myself. Honestly, it's tuff cause I was reminded of my great loss. Seven months seems so long, the thought of rest of my life is too much to bare. The day after i had a little breakdown, takes time to adjust to this. Perhaps many years.

• Hug Hug x 6
      • Like Like x 3
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      :huganimation:Cheer up marshmellow, lol.. This is great Per! a light in the darkness, it should awaken hope in you, Ive only heard of others experiencing this, Im envious :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Sameer advani
      Buzzed

Sameer advani Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2011
      I had a similar experience on Sunday night ...my tinnitus silenced for an hour after 26 months not sure what caused that to happen. But I remember I was drinking a lot of small pegs of whiskey highly diluted with hot water then some reaction happened in my stomach and I went to the loo a couple of times after which this awsm phenomenon happened .. My t was feeling very distant for a long time but by today evening it's back and loud. Full pitched like never before .. Cancelled all my plans to party and am sitting home depressed while the whole world is rocking ...

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      I'm not going to pretend I understand how loud your T is, and while I get that your moments if silence were upsetting to you, it could also be a glimmer of hope - if it happened once what's to say it won't happen again? And for longer next time?

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Id like an explanation put one each tinnitus cause theories, as to why these moments happen, when something is broken.
      Agreed @Amelia

• Like Like x 1
    6. mick

mick Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      Per,

I think it is a good sign. I wish you many more to come.

mick

7. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Per, WOW! I am envious as I haven't had silence in 14 months. But I also get the sadness you experienced when the T returned!! What a dynamic experience! I really hope the silence returns my friend!! Peace to you!

8. missZZ
      Wishful

missZZ Member

This is very interesting! Did you change anything about your daily routine that day? Makes me want to ask what u did prior to that temporary relief? :)

9. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Very cool, @Per. I have had a few brief moments since I had my tinnitus when I suddenly thought: where is it? I try to boost my courage by reminding myself if have had these moments of peace before, I can hopefully have them again. Our brains may be part of our own bodies but in so many ways, they are a mystery to us. It is almost like they are creatures of their own making.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Nothing at all. Same old routine. Wish it was something I did but almost everyone experiencing this has no clue. T is living its own life.

• Like Like x 1
    11. Steelbanks
      Happy

Steelbanks Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I've had T 15 years and never experienced this. I've had cool moments when I'm happy with how quiet it's getting (I wear hearing aide masking devices which are lowering my levels well) but never an epic moment like that. I feel for u. Be strong Per...... :)

• Hug Hug x 1