Nature - The Perfect Healer

Discussion in 'Support' started by bwspot, Aug 28, 2014.

1. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      I am on vacation hanging out on the beach and doing nothing.
      What I noticed is that when I am outside I don't hear any tinnitus.
      When I go under water I don't hear it. (should not it be very noticeable)
      When I listen to music over headsets I don't hear it.
      I feel so great.
      But, the first thing that happens when I enter my hotel room is the tinnitus signal.
      Is the nature just masking it perfectly or it stops it.
      When I go to sleep I am forced to play my usual routine by saying things like:
      "scream , i don't care about you you STUPID THING, do what ever you want, I am busy counting numbers"
      This usually helps me to fall in sleep and sometimes even quiets the bored T.
      I seem to prefer still silence even with T when falling in sleep.
      Somehow masking disrupts my peace and quiet as it has unnatural nature.
      It seems to me I need a house on the beach!!!

• Like Like x 1
    2. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      bwspot
      Nature is the perfect healer! My audiologist says we are oriented to hear the white noise of nature all the time (wind blowing tree leaves, babbling brooks, rain, waves, etc.). They not only sound awesome and peaceful, they are what we were designed to hear -- all the time. Just thinking about it makes me want to leave my office job and go live in the wild.

So your point about the hotel room is not lost (on me); as soon as we re-enter the modern world we are robbed of what we are designed to hear -- and nature abhors a vacuum.

My hearing aids have built in white noise generators for just that reason; they are awesome (takes my T right down -- tames the tiger)

Enjoy your vacation!!

Mark

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      I know what you mean about an office job @Mark McDill --on weekends when I'm outside or even around the house, my T is so low that I forget about it or just tune it out. When Monday comes and I have to go to my very quiet office my T is louder and more reactive. I usually wear an iPod and play nature sounds. I wish I could have an outside job!

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I agree nature is a wonderful healer. It doesn't just calm down the T, but it seems to do a wonderful job to heal the nerves too. That is why I get outdoor at any chance, even in winter.

5. inadmin

inadmin Member

I would imagine that the hotel room is quiet, that's all. Outside noises mask the T.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      Something I noticed. Never come back to room that is quiet.
      Turn that radio right away so you don't start the though "Why is it so quiet? where is T?"
      After being distracted on the beach for hours silence can kill it all.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    7. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      You're right, bwspot. The worst thing you can do is come back to a totally quiet room. It's best to have some sort of background noise at all times, and especially when you transition from outdoors to indoors.

The outdoor sounds don't really take your tinnitus away. They just mask it very well. Too bad we can't always be outdoors. I try to walk outdoors every day, and it really helps me. When my T is at its worst, I often go outside to give myself a break from it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1