Nausea and Vomiting Since Tinnitus Onset Normal?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rina, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Since T onset I have lost so much weight since I lost my appetite and was throwing up a lot... Last week started to get better but today I woke up with nausea and any food taste so salty to me... I lost my appetite again is this normal?

2. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I've also experienced nausea (queasy stomach), weight loss and a loss of appetite during sustained periods of severe T & H.

It took an antidepressant to pull me out of the downward spiral.

3. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      I weighed in at 168 4 months ago and I am at 150 today. I am slowly starting to eat again. Food just didn't taste good for the first two months. I also cut out all junk food trying to find better sleep so that could be another reason why I lost some weight. I don't really ever throw up but I'm sure if I could I would have. You have to get your emotions under control before you start to get better. The appetite will come back eventually. After 4 months I finally started eating small sweets again which I had completely abandoned. You will get better, it just takes time for your body to adjust to what is happening.

I will add, am also on an anti-depressant to help, but for me it was the sleep I wasn't getting.

4. DebS

DebS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I also lost weight and felt dizzy for the first couple of months...mostly from anxiety I think. I still have T but it doesn't keep me from eating anymore.

5. robinbird
      Fine

robinbird Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      high pitch hearing loss, both ears, right is worse
      Hi, I am coping with my T since February. I have lost 11 pounds and had digestive trouble which made me sick for a few days. I think the combination of emotions that are centered around fear and anxiety when we first get the T, causes us to get into that "fight or flight" mode. I felt like I was in danger, so my body reacted. To top it off, my husband who is my rock was away for a week on business when I first got this attack. It was a lion roaring in my head at first. I am into this a month later, and my attitude towards this invader has changed to a point where I feel there is hope and I am going to do what works for my particular T. It is a trial and error thing, I think for everyone. My relief I am finding out comes from being in a silent room for a while. I hope you get answers for your situation. The first time I went to my family Dr with the T, I thought it was maybe from a virus. Who knows. Maybe it was. I know I have hearing loss but the nurse told me that she has seen some strange viruses come through her place. She did mention to me that one man actually came in with one side of his face being numb from a virus he had. I am not suggesting that happened to you, but it is some food for thought. Good luck to you. Best, Nancy.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Hi.. I'm in distress ! It has been 7 weeks since I got T and after the first 5 and being on prednisone T got better and I started to get better days.. However the these past weeks I started to experience tingling in my face, vomiting, nasuea, lost my appetite again, shivering at night, hot flashes, headaches... I did started taking natural calm which is a magnesium powder since I read here that it helps sleep .. Is it the magnesium? t? Or am I starting to have anxiety and panic attacks because of T!? Pleas help!!!

7. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nausea and tinnitus can have related causes since both can come from the inner ear, but nothing else you're describing sounds directly related. Stress can do all sorts of bizarre things, so it's possible you're just having an anxiety reaction... but it also sounds like there could be something else going on. I am sorry I can't be more helpful.

8. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      1. A full-blown panic attack includes a combination of the following signs and symptoms:
        • Shortness of breath or hyperventilation.
        • Heart palpitations or a racing heart.
        • Chest pain or discomfort.
        • Trembling or shaking.
        • Choking feeling.
        • Feeling unreal or detached from your surroundings.

9. Neyma

Neyma Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Would it be better to vomit? Does the T & H come down or get somewhat better?