Neck Massagers

Discussion in 'Support' started by ezzy, Mar 24, 2015.

1. ezzy

ezzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      nov 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paxil?
      I have tinnitus, vertigo and migraine. I am thinking about buying a neck massager from Sharper Image, but I noticed one review that said it might not be good to use if you have inner ear issues, which I assume I have, at least because of the tinnitus, if not the vertigo as well. Any thoughts from anyone?

2. SleeplessSoul
      Insomnious

SleeplessSoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Would you consider trigger point therapy instead? I wouldn't put a massager near my neck head or ears. I haven migraines, nerve issues and neck pain. Massagers make me worse. But it's probably just me being sensitive.

3. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      @SleeplessSoul good thing I read this I was about to try on a neck massager.

4. SleeplessSoul
      Insomnious

SleeplessSoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      I am a believer in getting trigger points out but the therapist has to know what they are doing and can't go too rough.

I used my tens unit near my cervical spine at c4-5 and I had the worst headache for three days. There are a lot of nerves up there and for some reason, massagers with all of that buzzing inner ate the nerves and not in a good way.

Acupuncture is ok too as its gentle. And if they do cupping or spooning on the tight muscles that helps too.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Just bought a $130 handheld professional massage gun and I had a very good day of tinnitus the next day. When my tinnitus is very low its only in my left ear and I can barely hear it. Haven't had this low tinnitus in almost 3 weeks. Maybe it was a fluke, but my tinnitus is from neck and jaw issues. I will keep everyone posted.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      @Mathew Gould, That’s great news; hope it’s still low.
      Where did you use the massager?

7. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Back to normal with tinnitus... I got a professional neck massager on Amazon. It's okay, It was like $140.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      @Mathew Gould,
      Awe. Sorry it’s back to baseline. I know that feeling. I can’t count the # of times I felt better from a new modality to only have it come back. We’ve probably all experienced that. I’m working on massaging my temporalis muscles now because when I touch them, they are tight and hurt. Another adventure!