Need Advice with Wedding Stress

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sparkle92, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Sparkle92

Sparkle92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/16, constant since 3/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus, Allergies, TMJ, Stress
      Hi Everyone,

Tomorrow I am getting married and the last two days I've been very anxious with my tinnitus being the loudest it's ever been. I don't know what to do to calm myself down. It's high pitched and I hear it over everything, I am also shaky because of nerves, I've dealt with anxiety the past few years. Does anyone have advice about what to do to calm myself and maybe lower this volume? Do you think once the wedding is over it will go down? I'm having a million different thoughts and am just hours away from the ceremony so any advice would be helpful. Thank you

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Congratulations on your big day.
      Go at your on pace and let people help you.
      A small glass of something nice can help settle the nerves.
      Say to yourself this is your special day and take a few deep breaths and have a few minutes to take it all in...
      Hope the sun is out for you.
      Please put some pictures up of your lovely day.....lots of love glynis x

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Don't let your thoughts run away with you. Calm your mind by slowing your breathing down and think about just one thing for a few minutes. It's easy to get carried away but I can assure you that there is no reason to be nervous; everyone at your wedding is there routing for you to have an awesome day. All your guests are there with you to show love and support; take it all in and embrace it. The nerves will soon melt away once it all starts believe me. If you have a band or DJ later on just take some ear plugs with you.

I only got married 2 months ago so am speaking from my own recent experience. My tinnitus was also high that day and the few days preceding it. My advice on that is simple: ignore it and don't let it ruin your day. For me personally, once the day got into full flow I forgot all about my T even though it was a loud day.

Good luck; go and create some wonderful memories and leave tinnitus and anxiety at the door. Enjoy it.

• Hug Hug x 3
    4. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Sounds like anxiety is making you have a spike. What you need is a time to yourself to think. Relax and unwind for sometime. Make sure you're away from everyone.

• Like Like x 1
    5. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      Congratulations on your big day!!

Most likely exaggerated your tinnitus from stress and sleep from all of this. Once you have your fantastic day, just try to unwind and relax awhile. Try to sleep normal hours and eat well.

We wish you and your spouse only the very best always.....................

Mike x0x0x

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Honey_Bee
      Barefooter

Honey_Bee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection?
      Aahhhh it's tomorrow!!! You are going to have the best time! I think your anxiety may be the culprit here. Don't let your thoughts get the best of you. Just go at your own pace, have a cocktail, take deep breaths. I mean you are the bride after all, this can't happen without you! Now go get some rest! ❤️

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sparkle92

Sparkle92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/16, constant since 3/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus, Allergies, TMJ, Stress
      Thank you everyone!! It means a lot. I did some deep breathing and meditation to calm myself. Thanks for the warm wishes!! And congratulations @Ed209!! It was a beautiful day and couldn't have been better. My tinnitus calmed down a bit but is now back to high, I just have to accept it fluctuates. Getting the MRI is my next step I have to do. I hope you all are doing well.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1