Need Help

srfames

Author
Mar 5, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Tinnitus Since
I've had T since December of last year.

I'm not coping well with it and last night around 7pm when the hiss in my left ear gets louder I usually mask the sound with simplynoise on my iPhone with earbuds in.

Later in the evening both ears start hissing. My landlady goes to her room around 8pm so I have to keep the TV down. By 8pm the hiss was loud and I thought I was doing okay masking softly and listening to a TV show. Around 9pm I couldn't mask anymore while my show was on, so I had to tolerate the hissing if I wanted to watch the show.

Went to bed close to 11pm and the hissing was at its loudest ever. I have tried playing different nature sounds on my iPhone to help mask out the hiss when I'm in bed, but the speaker is small doesn't give off much of a sound and I need silence to fall asleep. What I usually do, is try and relax and know that in time I will fall asleep. That usually takes between 1 to 3 hours. Not last night, I was still awake at 4am, and was hoping for sleep.

I woke up at 9am to hissing in both ears I don't know how much sleep I got, and lay there hoping to fall back asleep. That lasted until 1pm and I got up depressed and no appetite. I'm struggling finding it hard to live like this, I don't want to face the day and hate living like this.

Jim

Maybe it's time you talk to someone experienced with t. Also if I were you I would def go see a doctor about how your feeling maybe a psychologist would be helpful. Try to find someone experienced with t near where you live. Sorry your going through a tough time hopefully you starts to feel better soon.

Maybe it's time you talk to someone experienced with t. Also if I were you I would def go see a doctor about how your feeling maybe a psychologist would be helpful. Try to find someone experienced with t near where you live. Sorry your going through a tough time hopefully you starts to feel better soon.

There are no resources in my area covered by OHIP (Canada). There are clinics that cost a fortune, I don't have the financial resources for that.

Ok. I'm not very knowledgeable about healthcare in Canada. Maybe there's a support group or some type of free counseling you can look into. Other than that all I can say is try to stay calm and do things you enjoy. I'm sure others on here will have better advice. I guess it takes time to get to. A place where it doesn't effect you the way it is now. You said you don't want to face the day living like this so you have to figure out a way to do that do not give up.

Heres what works for me, maybe you can get some ideas that would work for you. nights are The Worst.

During awake times I use earbuds on my iphone and downloaded an app called tmsoft that has a huge selection of sounds, I use different ones for different times. At night I put my iphone under my pillow on full volume without the earbuds to help me sleep plus have a white noise generator going too.

I take Tylenol PM.at bedtime to help me sleep. Sometimes if it's really bad I take a shot of NyQuil, but not too often.

I feel for you, I have the same problems! Well, I guess most of us here do.... :(

Ok. I'm not very knowledgeable about healthcare in Canada. Maybe there's a support group or some type of free counseling you can look into. Other than that all I can say is try to stay calm and do things you enjoy. I'm sure others on here will have better advice. I guess it takes time to get to. A place where it doesn't effect you the way it is now. You said you don't want to face the day living like this so you have to figure out a way to do that do not give up.

Thanks

Heres what works for me, maybe you can get some ideas that would work for you. nights are The Worst.

During awake times I use earbuds on my iphone and downloaded an app called tmsoft that has a huge selection of sounds, I use different ones for different times. At night I put my iphone under my pillow on full volume without the earbuds to help me sleep plus have a white noise generator going too.

I take Tylenol PM.at bedtime to help me sleep. Sometimes if it's really bad I take a shot of NyQuil, but not too often.

I feel for you, I have the same problems! Well, I guess most of us here do.... :(

Thanks for the ideas Isabella

Jim

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now