Need Support from Loud Tinnitus Sufferers

Discussion in 'Support' started by Elliott.S, May 23, 2019.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Elliott.S
      Doubtful

Elliott.S Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music practice - Attending loud concerts

Thank you Clint :)

2. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Hey man... Daniel here.

Sadly I wear my earmuffs at home, more than outside. My kids, especially the 3 year old is noisy. We are disabled my friend. Ain't no shame in wearing earmuffs when tickling your baby or the baby is screaming.

When you have hypercusis and compromised ears, what's the alternative?

We make do, we push on for our kids... with ear muffs on...

Such is life.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. James Brown
      Sporty

James Brown Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-1998 2013(worst)2018 (T+H)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposition-noise trauma-siren
      I was listening to your story yesterday (well done by the way), and I laughed when I saw the only thing that could mask your tinnitus is the razor machine near your ear, because I have a nose trimmer and I use it to mask my tinnitus when my spikes are really high and there´s nothing that can mask it, except the motor of the nose trimmer close to my ear. It´s just trading a shit sound for another, but it´s some seconds of relief.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I am not doing well. I consider mine worsened because it went from fluctuating to a static high pitched loud ringing. People tell me these generic "GET HELP!" requests. Oh, sure.

I have this plus ear pain, abnormal feeling in my ears but talking to a therapist student for 30 min every other week will make it all better.

Audiologists are few in my area. I just don't see how I will cope long term. I didn't want drugs but when I see my Dr next week, I will talk about that.

I don't want to live like this. :(

• Hug Hug x 2
    5. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Why is my tinnitus so loud.

I know it must be stress but the volumes and tones are getting progressively worse and I can’t function. I’m seeing a therapist but it doesn’t help with the loudness of it all. It’s screaming out of control.

Like a derailed train. Only had this levels at night time occasionally before bed.

I don’t know how to live with this level of noise, how to parent, how to work. No one can help me and I see no light at the end of the tunnel.

The irony is I have no hearing loss. I’m petrified and it’s a vicious circle.

What is going on? What’s worrying me is that it's all caused by anxiety and no injection or ear regeneration is going to help that.

Anyone in a similar boat?

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I disagree with stress causing it and even more over, making it worse.

I say that because so many people deal with stress every day and they don't have nor get tinnitus.

You say you don't have hearing loss but who knows if you have had acoustic trauma. Sometimes genetics and hearing threshold is compromised by an auditory/acoustic trauma or sound that is too much for the ears.

It's a mystery why it changes or gets worse. I suspect it means there was further damage or inflammation to the ear or cochlea but who knows.

Even experts, ENTs and researchers can't explain it clearly or at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I wouldn't worry that much. I doubt it's all caused by anxiety.
      Anxiety is probably not helping, since it gets you to focus on something that'd be easier to handle if it were in the background, but all the science I read about T points at a physiological cause, not psychological.

Finding your root cause is your challenge.

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Before I saw this chart I would have said I'm between a 4 and a 6.

But now I guess I'm an 8-9