Needing of Advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Fabiola, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Fabiola

Fabiola Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Hello everyone my name is Fabiola.. I've been suffering from tinnitus since 2013... it was tolerable to the point where the tinnitus never bothered me until now...
      now it's at a level where I can't tolerate it anymore it has hit its peak...
      I'm not exposing myself to loud noises so I don't know why it's gotten so severe in one ear...
      I have a tinnitus masker that used to work but not anymore... it's so loud that I can't deal...

I'm 30 years old.. does anymore know if your tinnitus spikes if it stays this severe or does it eventually go down?

Does stress and Anxiety cause tinnitus to spike? Please help :( I don't know what to do..
      I've have been stressing prior to my tinnitus spiking so severe ...
      Does stress spike tinnitus? Has anyone have it severe and did it go down ?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Stress and anxiety can spike tinnitus so always try to remain calm and off load stress and keep relaxing music on around you.
      You could have a cold starting or been out in cold wind or any number of reasons for it to spike.
      Most of the time your tinnitus settles back down to its normal base sound again over a few days and finding what helps you you relax and cope through these tough days will help you if have another.

I try to keep busy as the other option is let the tinnitus take hold and your mood take a dive.

Have some nice treats and download some relaxing music and plan something nice to look forward too in a few days to keep your mood up.
      Try your masker again and remember keep it set below your tinnitus so your brain will work hard to pick up your lower masking sound and help your brain not focus on your tinnitus and build up its own natural filter....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fabiola

Fabiola Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Thank you sooo much for your love and response... I'm glad I'm not alone :)

So you're saying severe tinnitus can go back to its original form ? I honestly don't know what spiked it

4. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      You don't know how your T started at all?

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fabiola

Fabiola Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Car accident airbag deployed...
      but the ringing was bearable until now I don't know what caused it too spike
      I have been under a lot of stress and recently the doctors did blood work and stated that my vitamin d level was lower than normal..

• Creative Creative x 1
    6. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Why don't you get an audiogram to see what your hearing looks like now.