Neostigmine and Ipidacrine for Nerve Damage, Sensorineural Hearing Loss (SNHL)

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Arseny, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Arseny
      Wishful

Arseny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly from problems with blood flow
      One of the doctors suggested me to do Neogimisine with Novocaine or Lidocaine injections alongside ear canal.
      After a bit of research I found out that some doctors do Ipidacrine injections (intramuscular too).

These drugs are used for nerve damage, myasthenia gravis, stroke and SNHL (from noise exposure too for some reason) in Russia. I'm trying to find good studies or information regarding hearing loss, but most of them are about nerve damage and cognitive impairment.

Despite this doctors prescribe these drugs to treat tinnitus and SNHL.

I have contacted a woman on another forum who had an improvement in her hearing and decrease in tinnitus after these injections.

Has anybody tried this medications? The side effects are crazy, but it seems that it's safe to do injections alongside ear canal or deliver the drugs via electrophoresis (low-voltage direct current).

I will continue to update this thread once I find more information.

Neostigmine:
      https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/neostigmine
      http://russianpatents.com/patent/209/2094038.html

Ipidacrine:
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21191358

• Informative Informative x 2
    2. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      What do you mean? Intratympanic?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Arseny
      Wishful

Arseny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No, it seems that they don't pierce the eardrum. It seems that the injection is done behind your ear.

I have found several clinics that perform this injection and one of them has actually listed Neogmistine injection with Novocaine in their services list, so it must be popular.
      I will get as much information as possible in the next few days.

I have also found this document. It's in Russian language. It's about anesthesia and treating Meniere's disease, tinnitus and SNHL.
      I'll use google translate, because I don't have enough time to do it manually right now.

I. B. Soldatov in 1961 proposed a technique metotympanal (parameatal) blockade.
      Before blocking the skin of the external auditory of the passage is wiped with alcohol, then with ether until
      redness; make one injection injection 3-5 ml of 1-2% solution of novocaine with 0.5–1 ml 80–90% alcohol (or no alcohol) through the ear loop fold to spinae suprameati before whitening skin of the posterior wall of the bone section of the outer auditory canal and eardrum [2, 3]. Parameatal blockade successfully used by the author in Meniere's disease, ear noise (tinnitus), otitis media with the introduction steroid hormones [3]. In our clinical
      practice most often we use 1% either 2% lidocaine solution. However, according to our observations, the most pronounced therapeutic effect develops with the introduction of a combination of lidocaine with anticholinesterase drug, neuromidine (Ipidacrine), glucocorticosteroid drug.

So, for about 20 years we have identified and there was a symptom of "numbness of the upper part auricle "at its palpation and research sensitivity of the skin on the side of hearing loss.
      Fast, as a result of two or three blockades the disappearance of the "numbness" of the shell, testified about the high prospects of full course (8–10 blockades) and the possibility of complete restore hearing. Lack of dynamics
      “Numbness” after 4–5 blockades spoke of a transition acute phase of hearing loss in chronic and hopelessness
      further treatment.

https://elibrary.ru/download/elibrary_21080564_89841439.pdf
      upload_2018-11-25_12-40-42.png

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Arseny
      Wishful

Arseny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I can attest to this treatment.
      I had 13 Ipidacrine 7.5 mg + 40 mg Lidocaine injections into each ear (not intratympanic) in December.
      The injections are not pleasant, but most of the people can tolerate them easily.
      I could hear and feel the needle sliding along my skull into my ear. It's only scary for first 2 times.

Last audiogram January 9 showed 10 db at all frequencies up to 16000 Hz.
      Previous audiogram (December 7) showed 30 db hearing loss at 10 and 16 kHz in left ear.
      So it's either my hearing magically restored or the medication worked or I had 3 incorrect audiograms.

It has removed one of the sounds in my left side of the head (15000 hz hiss/drill). However it seems that it came back after a month due to noise exposure (very loud dog barking very close to my ears and subsequent exposures with hearing protection).

In the mornings I had complete silence in the left side of my head.
      Now that the sound returned I can say with confidence that it was 100% gone before.

I first noticed improvements 2 weeks after I finished the injections.
      I also want to point out that they definitely spike tinnitus and can temporarily spike it to severe levels. It can also give you a feeling of burning sensation.
      However this medication is not ototoxic so the spike is only temporary.

The treatment window is supposedly 6 months, but I had talked with another person who recently had these injections after 1.5 years of hearing loss and tinnitus.
      She had some improvements in her hearing and very mild improvements in tinnitus.

So it still makes sense to try it even if you had hearing loss for a long time.

You can also have intramuscular injections however injections near hearing nerve obviously have more potential.

If this medication is available at your location you can try it.
      Ipidacrine is safer (less side effects) and penetrates into the brain.

If you have any questions about these injections feel free to ask them here or right me a personal message.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
      • Informative Informative x 3