Nervous About Learning to Drive

Discussion in 'Support' started by NetroPhil, Sep 8, 2014.

1. NetroPhil
      Jaded

NetroPhil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      I keep wanting to take up learning to drive with some lessons I got for my birthday (last Winter) and before I got T, iwas planning to get to them, but now, I'm cautious about using them in case they make it worse....

Anybody here have any trouble with driving with T? If so, how do you manage it?

Any help appreciated.....

2. eldudebro
      Doh

eldudebro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      31/07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Loud Music.
      I've tried not to drive since T arrived on the scene. Just felt with my mental state my focus just isn't there.
      When i've had to , i've had the radio on to provide more noise, with an earplug in my ear.

It will take your mind off the T though, so if you are feeling up to it, you should do it.

3. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Driving a normal car will not damage your ears, so don't be over cautious here. To the contrary, I would very much urge you to start learn driving a car, because it will force you to concentrate on other things than your T. The net effect is just positive -> you will feel better, you habituate better and you will learn to drive a car! :)

4. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      As long as you dont have loud pumping music going on in the car or the windows down you will be fine.