Neti Pot / Nasal Irrigation for ETD (Eustachian Tube Dysfunction) & Rhinitis — Post Your Experience

Discussion in 'Support' started by Joanne Philps, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Joanne Philps
      Alienated

Joanne Philps Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flight
      Hi. Has anybody had any success with nasal irrigation, Neti pot etc? I have bilateral screeching 24/7, ETD and rhinitis. I have tried everything else so thought I’d give it a go.

Today the screeching is extremely loud but after I used the Neti pot for the first time, the volume has gone off the scale!

My nasal passage, however, feels wonderful and clear, but thinking if it spikes like this, it can’t be helping?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I tried it once with a salt solution. Made no difference one way or the other. Felt slightly like drowning actually - which I've also experienced before. I know some doctors swear by it though. Nasal irrigation that is, not drowning.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. Earparty

Earparty Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started with ear infection
      I finally gave in and bought one not long ago and I'll go ahead and say I didn't stick with it so I don't know if it does any good. I think my sinuses may be wonky because when I tilt my head it won't drain out opposite nostril. Like other poster said, it does resemble drowning a bit although I've never experienced near drowning... I can see how it can relate.

I myself have chronic ETD and fluid in both middle ears so I've tried lots of stuff to no avail. Also bought an Otovent that had rave reviews but just too awkward for me. Now I just pop my ears throughout the day (vasovagal?), which helps more than anything. Today my plans are to start the old fashioned pot of steamy water and towel over my head to breath in the steam.

I never stick with anything, honestly. I've used the bottle of sinus wash several times, easier than Neti pot.

Have you tried it yet?

4. Amv

Amv Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Hi @Joanne Philps, I hope you are doing great! How did your tinnitus react to the Neti pot? I also had a very bad spike after using NeilMed Sinus Rinse. After 2 months i am starting to do much better, but my Eustachian tube seems very inflamed after this episode.

It would be great to hear from you. Best!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joanne Philps
      Alienated

Joanne Philps Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flight
      As with everything else I have tried, it didn’t help! I’ve tried every supplement known to man, some like Ginkgo give me spikes, as do probiotics. It’s ridiculous. The Otovent balloon is my party trick, but as with everything else, it doesn’t work!

6. Amv

Amv Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Hey Joanne, have you tried antihistamines?

There is a device called Eustachi. It's not available in my country, but I am trying to get it.

I am considering Balloon Dilation surgery, still thinking about it.

Did your Neti pot spike diminish? Did some fluid get into your ears?

Best regards!