Neural Therapy

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by RaZaH, Jan 23, 2014.

1. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Stumbled upon this post in a forum :
      "I had tinnitus for several years. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't read and all the rest. I went to different doctors, and all of them told me there was nothing to do, I just had to learn how to live with this problem.
      When I came to Basel I went to a doctor, a GP, for a check-up. When I told him about my tinnitus he said he could do something for it. I didn't trust him at all: every doctor knows there's nothing to do against tinnitus.

I wrote down the name of the therapy and told him I'd think about it (sorry for my painful English, I'm very tired and sleepy but I really want to share this with you, since it saved my life, in a certain sense).
      It was called Huneke Neural Therapy. I did some research on the internet (I found this, for instance), and apparently there were no counter-indications. I was very sceptical but I decided to give it a try.

It worked. My tinnitus has disappeared, it was more than one year ago and I'm still fine.
      I suggested the treatment to a friend of mine and it didn't work, though.
      It is not painful, just a couple of pricks behind the ears.
      I hope this can help somebody, I know how annoying it can be, and for me it's been a kind of miracle, arrived when I was not looking for a cure anymore."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6659522
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neural_therapy

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. EddyLee
      Tolerant

EddyLee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      My guess is that it's mainly lidocaine that made his T disappeared. Probably lidocaine plus some stimulation at the right timing might trigger T to vanish permanently!?

• Like Like x 1
    3. Kimbo Slice
      Balanced

Kimbo Slice Member

Hi, RaZaH. This is amazing man, thank you so much. I am just wondering, since I have noise-induced T, will this help me? I hear a ringing, deep in my head now when in a silent place. Please tell me this can work.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I wish I could tell you that its works , but I don't know. Apparently it worked for this person but not his friend.
      On another note I can say that out of all the things I have tried , Craniosacrial Therapy seems to help me the most.

5. Tinniger

Tinniger Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uncertain, now very somatic, started with noise?
      It looks like neural therapy is largely unknown in the Anglo-American region. It is certainly an unproven alternative treatment - but what has been proven in tinnitus therapy.....;)

6. Core2Duo

Core2Duo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I have been on neural therapy for 7 months once a week for my tinnitus. My tinnitus has improved but I am almost sure that the improvement is not related at all to neural therapy. I will continue with neural therapy because I have nothing else to do about my tinnitus. I hope the placebo effect appears.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    7. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      What makes you think the improvement is not related to neural therapy?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    8. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I just ran across an interesting thread on the Phoenix Rising ME/CFS Forum on Neural Reset Therapy (NRT). It sure looks like it has the potential to affect tinnitus, especially perhaps if it's somatic tinnitus, or tinnitus caused by having Tonic Tensor Tympani Syndrome (TTTS). -- Thought I'd paste the first post below, which gives a pretty good introduction to NRT, along with a link to a 12-minute video at the end. -- @GregCA

I've had just about every kind of bodywork/massage therapy imaginable, so I went to my first Neural Reset Therapy appointment with Lawrence Woods heavily skeptical about anything changing with regards to the chronic pain that I have experienced for so many years.

Over the years, I have thankfully found some things that helped manage the symptoms (nimodipine being the most significant improvement) but nothing ever changed my body until Neural Reset Therapy. I haven't taken any medication for pain since my first treatment over the summer.

After the first NRT session, I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. I honestly felt like I had the flu. Massage therapists always say that treatment can cause this reaction, but it was the first time I had ever experienced it myself. And still, underneath those symptoms, I could tell that something had fundamentally changed in my body and that was the release of the near constant state of tension in my muscles.

I've watched all the YouTube videos now and I can't say that I truly understand all the theory behind the treatment, but I can say that it definitely does work and it seems like magic. I actually felt a little angry the week after my first treatment, that I had suffered for SO LONG. I was mad at what suddenly seemed like wasted time, in pain. I see after some reflection that that is a pointless track, but it was a truly profound experience for me.

We are working now on some long standing patterns of autonomic imbalance using vagal stimulation, but even if I had only been able to have that first treatment, it would have been worth it.

I realize I sound like some insane advertisement, but it really has been a life changing experience to be free of this weight of chronic pain. If there is a practitioner near you, I hope you will consider giving it a try. I would love to hear more reports!

• Like Like x 2
    9. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      @Greg Sacramento,

Greg, I forgot to tag you on my above post. Thought you might find it of interest if you hadn't heard of it before. Sounds somewhat similar to Bowen Therapy, which also uses gentle stroking techniques to restore muscular and neurological disconnections, which then leads to pain relief. -- Best...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. 1000

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    11. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      To all that posted on this thread. Will include @Jazzer. @1000 I'm a believer in Huneke and I actually once again reviewed the article that you posted just before you posted. The autonomic ganglia mentioned by Huneke is also discussed within my very recent posts under the thread "Tinnitus Pathways Overview" as well as mentions below.

The parasympathetic nervous system and it's component pathways is why most of us are here, but we all tend to focus more on non somatic input. Focus on the trigeminal ganglion where 92% of nerves that enter the skull often has a direct relationship. Nerves that associate with the trigeminal ganglion also associate with the C1 and C2, the occipital nerves and the suboccipital nerve. To improve tinnitus the mouth must be in good health, as well the neck and gut. One problem with tinnitus is hidden infection.

Prednisone can be a nasty drug, but if one was to use a small piece of one tablet even after having tinnitus for sometime, they may see a little temporary relief. This would have nothing to do with the ears, but it would connect to infection within the parasympathetic nervous system. Most likely this would have connection to infection in the trigeminal ganglion, infected nerves, toxins in muscles, or toxins in the gut.

What would be advised for those with long standing tinnitus. Tinnitus is complicated and any possible improvements would include so many things, but here are a few.

Mouth and dental must be free of trauma - infection.
      The entire body must be free of infection and toxins.
      Complete panels of blood work for vitamin levels and infection. A thyroid panel.
      X Ray of the neck.
      Posture control and light stretching upwards of the neck with relaxed shoulders.
      Control dehydration.
      Not to live in complete silence.
      Ear protection against loud noise.
      Control ear wax before a total blockage.
      Use a thin flexible soft mouth guard if needed. Always try to keep jaw relaxed.
      Taper very slowing off drugs.
      Use a small soft pillow under neck while sleeping.
      Careful use of antioxidants. Proper diet that includes fish.

• Like Like x 3
      • Genius Genius x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Greg Sacramento - such a detailed knowledgeable post Greg.
      Thank you.
      So much for me to consider here.
      Dave x

13. Francesco

Francesco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've been to eight sessions so far. It really didn't help a bit. Yes sure you feel more relaxed after walking out but that's been it. I do both acupuncture and neural therapy, which is simply injections of procain or lidocaine around the ears, neck and wisdom teeth in the mouth. To more sessions to go but I am very skeptical at this point..

For those that this neural therapy has been effective, may I know where the injections have been performed. Also which kind of tinnitus did you guys have?

• Hug Hug x 2