Never Catching a Break

Discussion in 'Support' started by demi, Jan 9, 2014.

1. demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      So for the past 2 weeks or so my T had been back at base-level almost and I was very happy. I have noticed that with my last spike (November 29th), I had also developed hyperacusis. My right ear was full and somewhat painful, like an ear ache. With time it had gone away. Earlier today I was talking about how everything was better and I was so happy. I must of jinxed myself. I went to work and was sitting near the microwave in the office when one of my co-workers got angry with the microwave and slammed the door shut. This was next to the ear that had previously felt full/painful. Right after it happen the fullness came back and my ear was in so much pain. It's been 6 hours since, and nothing has changed, it hurts and is full and I am upset once again.

I'm scared that this will stay? Did I just get lucky before? ugh. ugh. ugh.

2. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      Nah, I highly doubt it will stay this way. It's very possible that this is just an anxiety reaction. I do not think slamming the door would be enough to set you back.

I would recommend trying to relax, do whatever relaxes you, and get some sleep and see how it is the next day.

3. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      For over 40 years I've been dancing with T. Put some cotton in your ears and you should notice the hyperacusis will diminish soon, the T spike may take a little longer. Try some of the masking sounds on the homepage here. One in particular really shuts down my noise and r e l a x e s me. Good luck.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      I'm new to having the hyperacusis. I have had T for over a year now, but H only since November. It went away before but since I'm new to it idk if it just goes away again. :( I also can't find much on it when I search.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      I can't anywhere how loud the db is for slamming a microwave door.

This pain is horrible, and I just would like to understand if the feeling you get from H (burning pain/fullness) goes away?