New Here — Tinnitus in Both Ears and Neck Issues

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pierrot, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Pierrot

Pierrot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello,

Tinnitus started in my left ear 40 years ago, hissing, about the same time I had neck problems, same side. Stiffness and neck pain.

I had out-patient treatment on neck...heat, stretching, physio, all to no avail.

30 years later the tinnitus developed in right ear, same noise, different pitch plus a ticking on top of my head.

I had road traffic accident 25 years ago and heart attack 10 years ago (fell off bicycle) which I am sure aggravated neck but I am convinced of a link between neck issues and tinnitus. I fully accept neck issues originated with tension and 40 years of tension, maybe more, create some very tight neck muscles!

Definitely my tinnitus is "worse" with anxiety / tension and tiredness. I am going through a bad patch now.

I have tried various massage, reflexology, physio with no real positive results. Very interested in any comments / views on tinnitus and neck issues including tight tense muscles.

Thank You

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Welcome to the forum! I have been a powerlifter, athlete for many decades. I deal with pain and stiffness on a daily basis. The stress that pain could possibly put on our system and mind could possibly increase our tinnitus. Tinnitus is a complex matter, and all of us wished we had a solution for it.

Keeping that stress low, exercising has been helpful for me.

• Like Like x 1