New Here — Tinnitus with Shaky Vision

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DoggoneT, Apr 13, 2016.

1. DoggoneT

DoggoneT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm 57 and have had tinnitus since about 2008. Previous to that, since about 2003 or so I experienced what felt like my brain was jumping around in my head with associated jumping / shaking vision. My tinnitus is accompanied with shaking vision (perfectly in sync with one another). This change occurred after a particularly intense neck adjustment by chiropractor who thought all my problems could be solved with chiropracty.

Tested negative for:

Meniere's
      Multiple Sclerosis

Diagnoses I disagree with:

Superior Oblique Myokymia
      Optical Migraine

Other diagnoses:

High Blood Pressure & Supra Ventricular Tachycardia (controlled with calcium channel blocker Cartia XT)
      Hypothyroid (on Synthroid)

Supplements I've Tried With No Help:

Zinc, Magnesium, Ginko, Vinpocetine

What helps:

Good posture
      Manipulation of neck / jaw (pushing forward / up), meditation, calmness

I see that the person with the most similar symptoms to mine is @Mad maggot who reports improvement with porcelain splint (to help with TMJ).

This problem affects my social life and my job (look at computer screens all day / lots of detail and analysis). Basically, I don't perform in either situation as well as I could. It also affects my hobby (art) as using my eyes and just the tinnitus and wobbly eyes / brain is fatiguing. I don't feel that my ability to think or reason is affected. Sometimes I feel irritable around loud noise.

Next step will be to talk to my dentist about TMJ and hopefully get a referral for further testing in hopes that, with such similar symptoms as Mad Maggot, treatment along those lines will help. I do have a crooked smile / somewhat asymmetrical face so who knows; maybe my jaw / head has a treatable deformity.

Glad to be here. Best of luck to my fellow sufferers.

2. SillyMama
      Cheerful

SillyMama Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, DoggoneT. I started a new post with a similar header, hoping to find more of us with these shaky vision symptoms when our tinnitus pulses. So far, it looks like I've found 4 of us. If we four found our way here, there are probably hundreds out there with this weird mix. I'm trying some therapies that I'll report on in my other thread. Just wanted to reply to your post, so you'd know there are more of us.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DoggoneT

DoggoneT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you, SillyMama. I am still having Tinnitus - still with the shaky vision. Sometimes it seems to 'flare' and get worse and currently that is the case. Will look for your thread and see what your current status is.