New Here, Light Tinnitus (5 Weeks In).

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by John_415, Jan 26, 2018.

1. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hey all,
      Im new here, and got some light tinnitus after an accident with my headphones.
      I never use headphone but I tought it would be nice to try it on my new soundcard. So I was listening to music, pressed pause, plugged in my headphone, pressed play. And the volume was... 500% instead of the regular 100% that came from my speakers. Got some light T right at that moment. Watch out with the headphones guys!

I am now 5 weeks in and am taking the following suppliments/ foods:
      - Ginkotablets (increases bloodflow in the brain)
      Seemingly good results, source:
      www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3157487/
      - Magnesium
      - B12 (Methylcobalamine)
      - A full anti-inflamatory diet with lots of:
      • Strong ginger tea
      • Curcuma powder tea
      • 200gr of blueberrys in a morning smoothy
      Blueberries increases blood flow in the brain and decreases blood pressure.
      source:
      www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/6168870/Blueberry-is-food-for-thought.html
      Blueberries also stimulates the flow of blood and oxygen to the brain,
      source:
      www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1212579/A-bowl-blueberries-day-keeps-brain-active-afternoon.html
      - Lots of foods on this list:
      d01f18dfdaa69977267b20e6e67bdf66--anti-inflammatory-foods-autoimmune.jpg
      - Since today I now also obtained Predisnolone from my ENT doctor. 7 weeks on 30mg. I started the first day today but feel heavy about using this drug.

How am i coping?
      Well the first 3 weeks I was in a quiet room i tought... its the heater its fine. I slept fine.
      The fourth week I noticed its not the heater.. I panicked and didn't sleep for a few days.
      Fifth week I found a sound to play in the background which helped me alot:
      www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOkTgm5C1JU

Any tips or advice is appreciated.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      You are doing the thing, using sound enrichment and eat healthily. Just keep positive and as calm as you can as anxiety and stress are bad for your tinnitus. Don't worry if it spikes here and there. Over time, things will improve and your T will either fade or you habituate to it. Take care. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Thanks for the response Billie48,
      I did notice it increased when im stressed indeed.
      Thanks for the reply billie48,
      I also noticed stress increases the volume temporarily. I just subscribed to a MBSR (Mindfullnes Based Stress Reduction) course which should decrease my stress levels in 8 lessons of training. Alltough maybe I suck at meditation, but il find out of course.
      Its scientificaly proven to work, source:
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20141305
      I hear there are even MBTR (Mindfullness Based Tinnitus Reduction) courses that are sometimes available (but none near my area allas).
      Best wishes, and god bless.

• Like Like x 2
    4. Apolonia
      Disappointed

Apolonia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, acoustic trauma
      Are you feeling any better now? I have also changed my diet. I drink ginger tea which helped me with hyperacusis and I also take curcuma, and eat fruits and veggies, etc.... However, my tinnitus is still here and actually it activates after drinking ginger and taking more of curcuma....

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      My T is the same level for 2 weeks now since I finished my prednisolon (30mg for 7 days).
      My H is, I think lessening somewhat.

Odd stuff man curcuma and ginger should be anti-inflamatory. I drank about half a kilogram of Curcuma powder within 3 weeks (I also took a bunch of whole pepper grains with it to improve absorpion by 2000% source: https://nutritionfacts.org/2015/02/05/why-pepper-boosts-turmeric-blood-levels/)
      I heard omega 3 fats are also very anti-inflamatory you could try getting more of that and seeing if that brings improvement? Sushi would be my suggestion.

My T started in December (like yours) so the window for treatment with Prednison (effective within 3 months, the earlyer the better) is closing, I just started a hefty Prednisolon course. Are you going to do prednisone?

6. Apolonia
      Disappointed

Apolonia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, acoustic trauma
      Well, I am afraid of prednisone BC I heard some People saying IT made their T worse.. I am taking Betaserc... Not very helpful though....

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Its a scary journey trough Prednisone indeed. You get a big paper bundle of side effects with it as well which has everything in it you can imagine even the effect called: moonface, which means you get fat only in the face-_-.
      I was really scared taking the first (half to see nothing bad happens) tablet.
      My T went up at day 4 till day 7 while using it. (feels like gambling with increasing stakes).
      Then it went down for 4 days after I stopped to a better level then before.
      I'm kindoff losing my fear of prednisone, but then maybe I am tempting fate here.
      The effectiveness is lots and lots higher if taken withing 24/48 hours of onset btw. It dwindles in effectiveness downward and has no effect after 3 months I read. If I where you I would get some just in case you have an increase in like a year from now (Prednisone has a shelf life of 3 years). In any case, for me to get prednisone took 3 weeks, that just to hear the ENT doctor say its mostly usefull if taken withing 24/48 hours... so it might not do anything. In any case you might still have the side-effects but more chance of not having the benefits.

Sorry to hear Betaserc did not do anything for you, I hear Trental and pentoxifiline also increase blood flow, and I have read that pentoxifiline has not got that many side effects. Trental I don't know much about.