New Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ken clasper, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Ken clasper

Ken clasper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I fist realised that I had Tinnitus around 2009 and tried to ignore it after a while thinking it was my imagination. I kepy hearing machine or motor noises when I went to bed and looked everywhere trying tom find this noise. Eventually I had my ears tested as I was becoming hard at hearing after years in industry as an engineer. I admitted that I had this propblem at the audiologists department and they said I may need some extra tests once the hearing aids settled in, but everytime I mention the tinnitus noises nothing ever happens. Over the last few weeks the noise has got worse, and I end up listening to music till I drift off to sleep, but as with everytghing else the noise comes back again in the middle of the night.
      I look forward to hearing your answers

2. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Hi Ken and Welcome!!

Does it seem like the "noise" is in the ear canal or like in your head and ear area?

I used to think that it was in my ear canal, but it is like to me more in the head /ear workings.

Mine sounds like high pitched crickets has a slight pulse like the heartbeat rhythm.

Yours is more like machinery?

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Welcome, Ken!

Do I understand correctly that you are currently wearing hearing aids? And do you have hearing loss in both ears?