New Member—Marie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Marie f, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Marie f

Marie f Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Hi all. My name is Marie and I've been suffering since March 2015. I've clicking, whooshing and vibration noises constantly. After countless courses of antibiotics I was given grommets in September. This made no difference. The ENT consultant now believes it may be due to nasal congestion. I've been prescribed a decongestant spray and an anti inflammatory spray to use for 6 weeks. I'm one week in and still no change. ☹

2. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Hello @Marie f,
      Welcome to TinnitusTalk. I am sorry you are suffering but you are not alone. You did not mention whether or not you have hearing loss and I am curious about that. I have heard that antibiotic use can contribute to hearing loss.
      There are many people on the forum who hear the same sounds you describe 24/7. There are also many different causes for our tinnitus and many different approaches to dealing with tinnitus in our daily lives. Hoping you find useful feedback for your particular case, and oodles of support from the members of this group. Best wishes!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marie f

Marie f Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Thank you for your lovely reply. It's comforting to know others understand.
      I've had no hearing loss with my condition.

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. There are many causes of tinnitus including drug reaction, ear or Eustachian tube infection, ear drum injury, fluid build-up feeling pressured, TMJ, blood pressure & circulation, noise exposure or acoustic trauma, neck problems, hearing loss, Meniere's, barotrauma from flight, stress, anxiety & panic disorder, grief, etc, etc. Sometimes, it is not easy to pin down to the exact cause to fix the T. As such, managing it so you can cope with it better is a viable strategy. Try to stay calm and be positive, as anxiety and stress are bad for T. Masking can help reduce your anxiety level. Have you done any masking which has helped?