New Member — Tinnitus Got Much Louder After Flushing Ear with Warm Water

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Maddog, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Maddog

Maddog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello everyone!

I have had tinnitus since 2008, I'm 25 now.

I learned to live with tinnitus but 2 months ago I felt my left ear clogged so I tried to flush it with a small water pump (not cold water, it was warm).

Few days after my tinnitus got much louder, or much more noticeable, it's like it was a background sound, now it's foreground.

I saw the GP two times, the first time he told me that I had water in my ear and gave me cortisone and nasal spray, then I saw an ENT who gave me almost the same treatment but the water was already gone and my ear looked clean. My hearing test is fine too.

My tinnitus is still here, and I even noticed another frequency in my left ear, lower but much more annoying.

My ears feel clogged or "full". I don't know how to describe it. When I drink a beer I get really dizzy and it's like I'm wearing a mask.

The only relief I have is the masking sound of the shower and the relaxing hot water.

If someone shares a similar experience, please let me know. It's like I have to deal with tinnitus for the first time, AGAIN :(

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. It may not be easy to find someone currently active in the forum to have the same experience as you, getting your T from flushing the ears. However, you can do a search like 'flushing the ears' and you will see many prior posts on people with similar experience. You then can click the avatar of the posters with similar situation as yours and try to read their posts to see if they talk about how their T can be helped. I list a search link below for you to see a sample of the search. Good luck. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/search/2960180/?q=flush+ears+with+water&t=post&o=relevance&c[node]=11

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maddog

Maddog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Someone changed the title of my post, i think my T has Nothing to do with the flushing, as i already flushed my ear in the past and it didnt made my Tinnitus worse.

This Morning i woke up with a feeling of clogged ear and i hear the tinnitus even more.

• Like Like x 1
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I see. Then perhaps if no one replies, you can try search by clicking the Forum button first, then type clogged as the search words and you will see lots of prior discussions on clogged ears. Perhaps you can find some shared experiences or solution there. Good luck.

5. winstona
      Balanced

winstona Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure and excessive ear irrigation
      I got my T worsen by flushing my ears with warm water. It has gotten better after a year and a half but the T still hasn’t returned to the level before flushing.