New Member with Low-Frequency Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by brian.1575, Nov 16, 2015.

1. brian.1575

brian.1575 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Hi all my name is brian. I just recently started experiencing tinnitus. Mine is a very low frequency T. If your familiar with frequencies it sounds like a delta wave frequency which reverberates....building and fading. I am very new to this. At first I thought I was somehow hearing the sound of large truck tires on the highway or that maybe a new plane flight path half been established above my home. My father experiences the high frequency version so I was not aware that low frequency T was actually a thing. It's really quite a bizarre experience...like there's a Buddhist monk chanting OM in my right ear! Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any advice? Also, I just remembered that around the time this started I had found some dried blood in the same ear. Don't know if I had an infection..rabid earwig or what. Anyone else have a similar experience? Thanks for anybody's input. Figure if I'm going to have live with this I should start learning about it. Thank you.

2. Michael Calbera
      Inspired

Michael Calbera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shooting
      mine sounds like A lamp sound if you ever hear it from close range, or like electrical sound... is that mild? you can hear it at calm outdoor?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      brian.1575

brian.1575 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      So what I'm hearing is like the sound of a semi truck passing over an under pass that comes in waves. Any suggestions? And btw nice to meet you all

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Tinnitus comes in lots of sounds and strengths and wooshing and like your pulse.
      In one ear or both or head.
      How long have you had it and have you seen your doctor or ENT ?
      Just so we can help you more with what you tell us...lots of love glynis