New Noise Induced Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by spime, Jan 2, 2016.

1. spime
      Alienated

spime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      8+hrs in an Outdoor Gun Range
      December 11, 2015 - Noise Induced Tinnitus from day(8+hrs) at Gun Range

Left ear has some hearing loss. Feels muffled with constant ringing + white noise/crickets. It is draining and exhausting. There is an abundance of negative emotions from anxiety, depression, anger that this happened. I work at the library so guess what? Its super quiet and I spend a decent amount of the day reading up on Tinnitus. I can deal and come to terms with the hearing loss but the ringing (especially at night trying to sleep) is mentally draining. I find it hard to focus on things or listen to conversations.

I signed up and got accepted into the AM-101 study. At the end of the week I'll go get screened and decide if I want to go through with it. Since then, and prior to Tinnitus, I take a variety of supplements and exercise regularly. Supplements might work for some and even if its a placebo/or some form of habituation I consider that a win. I'm trying to be positive and realistic. Positive that I can learn to cope/deal with Tinnitus. --Realistic that I don't thing a cure or magic pill will fix my tinnitus.

It is still early in my Tinnitus I suppose, I hope things change for the better. Regarding my hearing, The damage/hearing loss is done. It seems like now I just have to preserve the hearing I have left and hope the hearing normalizes or I habituate to the Tinnitus. Maybe AM-101 will help lower the ringing. If I decide to go into that study I hope the negative side effects are not permanent.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Carlos
      Surrender

Carlos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I hope nothing but the best for you and the trial. I know exactly what you mean as I have hearing loss as well with my tinnitus by loud noise and can relate to your situation. I want to ask what what is the AM-101 study consist of? If all goes well, what are the desired or expected results? What are the side effects and are they permanent?

3. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Good luck with Am-101 !

4. liquefact
      Balanced

liquefact Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/25/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Indoor Rock Concert
      Your onset is still very new and during the acute stage some of the damage in your inner ears can be undone, this is how AM101 works AFAIK. So keep up the positive attitude, go for the AM101 study at all costs and you'll be better. I'm probably the one who had the most extreme side effects from AM101, but after ~4 weeks i can say that all the increase in T, muffled ears and pain are gone. Popping in the ears is still here, though i do not mind, it'll probably go away. The thing is, it's definitely worth it as 2 months from now i'll be given the real drug, which still can be effective.

One more thing, a lot of people here suggests to use maskers to block the ringing but i'll say don't if you can. Listening it 24/7 without any maskers helps brain to get used to it faster.