New Siren Sound. Unsure If It's Tinnitus or Not. Extremely Worried.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Anthonyr, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Anthonyr
      Wtf

Anthonyr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, guys. I have suffered from tinnitus for a year now. It was hard at first. But, have managed to cope with it and actually live a normal life again.

Unfortunately, I was jogging the other day. Everything was fine until I heard a police siren go by. I did not think much of it. It was far away. So, no harm to my ears. But, after it left, the siren sound continued and now I am left with a siren sound constantly blasting.

Unlike my normal tinnitus, this feels directly in my head. Almost as if I am subconsciously thinking it. I suffer from OCD, intrusive thoughts and anxiety on top of my tinnitus and I was wondering if it could be more related to those problems than real tinnitus.

It also tends to disappear when I am distracted. What do you guys think?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I get this also, when an ambulance or police siren passes by, it stays in my head, it goes away eventually. Tinnitus has a mind of its own.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. CrystalB

CrystalB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have done this before, I was lying in bed a couple of days ago and heard a siren go down the road, after it went by I could still hear it, it was in my head. After I stopped thinking about it, it went away. I don’t know what causes that.

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      I am almost sure this is stress related and will disappear with time the less you think about it.