New Tinnitus Sufferer from Honolulu Hawaii, Is There Anyone Else Local to Me?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bhira, Apr 28, 2016.

1. bhira

bhira Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi everyone, my T started almost three weeks ago and hasn't changed. I've seen an ENT and PCP and they think it's from eustachian inflammation so I've been on nasal rinses and sprays for about two weeks. As with everyone else I'm having a hard time sleeping and with the anxiety which in turn am feeling very tired on a daily basis now. I've looked up tips on here about masking and have been trying it out but I atill find it hard staying asleep and wake up and have a difficult time falling back asleep. I already was on ambien from before for having trouble falling asleep and now its just worse. I also started taking all the vitamins that everyone recommends in other posts.
      I'm at a loss as I'm sure everyone else has already been there also and thinking maybe I need to try anxiety meds as I'm always so anxious have lost my appetite and have to force myself to eat something so I can get through the day. I try to stay positive, ignore it, accept it, keep busy but always fall back on the thoughts that it's there and I can't help it.
      Thats my story so far and I'm very thankfull for finding this site and it's awesome how much everyone supports eachother on here as I've been reading.

2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Welcome bhira!

@Mark K. and @christine kauhane are both from Honolulu, Hawaii, I think.

You could try sending them a private message :)

Markku

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bhira

bhira Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you so much for the reply! I will do that

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Alooooha! I am not from Honolulu or Oahu, but I lived on the North Shore for 6 years. Love that side of the island with so many wonderful beaches and big surfs. Hey, if I live there now, and when T spikes hard, I will just sit at some ocean point where the big waves pound continuously and get my natural masking from waves sound. LOL.

Seriously, you are doing the right thing, keeping positive, ignoring it and accepting it as much as you can humanly do. But the body will need time to absorb in the new and alien T sensation. So be patient with yourself. If you read the success stories, the most common element of success is Time. Mother time is a wonderful healing thing but patience is needed to get there. So don't rush habituation. Stick on the right course and let the body and time do their magic wand of healing. You can also read the success stories to learn some insights from others who have done the T battle and win. Try to copy success and apply those strategies, whatever fit you most. Here is my success story with some helpful pointers and insights. A few years back I was in a mess with ultra high pitch T and H. But now I am living a normal and absolutely enjoyable life. So don't give up and be patient. Good life will be back. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bhira

bhira Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks billie48
      But why does the anxiety seem to just come on sometimes when I'm not even thinking about it. I'm tired from lack of sleep, nervous and have no appetite because I'm anxious. I'm trying to be patient but as time goes on it's getting harder and it still hasn't even been a month. Sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining feeling like I need to just write it down and tell someone.

6. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      @bhira, I think your body has gone through some traumatized reactions with T. At this early stage of T a new sufferer will usually be very scared and anxious about the future. T is undesirable but livable, even long termed. But at the new stage, a sufferer usually falls trap into thinking life with T is not acceptable nor livable, therefore giving rise to so much anxiety and stress, even on a sub-conscious level. That will change gradually over time. With your T being so new, you are now functioning with the limbic nervous system which functions in fight or flight mode, and everything about T feels so much worse than it is. Over time you normal parasympathetic nervous system will take over and things will be easier to handle.

On helping with the anxiety, you may want to go outdoor to relax the nerves. Hawaii is so beautiful and relaxing, particularly along the beaches. A walk on the beach with pounding waves should soothe the nerves and the T. Alternatively, you may want to try some natural herbs to help calm the nerves and sleep better, such as Lemon Balm, Valerian, Hops, Catnips, Passion Flower, Chamomile, Lavender, Kava, Melatonin etc. You can google search each of them to know their use and see if you can take them as a supplement. Check out this site on using natural herbs for helping to sleep or to calm the nerves.

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/library/articles-on-herbs-and-health/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia/

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bhira

bhira Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for the advice, today I'm having a hard time coping and the anxiety is really getting to me. Another member Christine recommended a sleepy time tea which I will try. Hopefully my body will get used to it and start to habituate soon as you have said.

8. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure