New Tinnitus Tone in Good Ear After Phone's Low Battery Alert Beep

Discussion in 'Support' started by pinklights98, Jun 4, 2020.

1. pinklights98
      No Mood

pinklights98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Hey guys,

I was talking on the phone on speaker yesterday but I couldn't hear the person on the other end. I took it off speaker briefly and put the phone by my good ear on low volume but with my luck my phone's low battery alert went off right by my ear which was extremely loud and caused me great discomfort. A few hours later a new tone emerged in my left ear.

Should I take prednisone for this? Please advise. I can't lose my good ear :(

2. Dave111
      Breezy

Dave111 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Makeing music in band and headphone on to long.
      Maybe the great discomford cause the tone.

3. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      I think @Bill Bauer had a very similar phone incident, maybe he can advise.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      pinklights98
      No Mood

pinklights98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Hi Friends,

I have been pretty active on this forum for the past year. I have had debilitating tinnitus for about a year. I got it a week before my 21st birthday, and my 22nd birthday is just around the corner. I am going through a bad spike in my left ear due to an unfortunate phone incident that happened a few days ago.

I try to be so careful and I still get unavoidable setbacks. My main tinnitus tone in my right ear is at an all-time high. Less than a month ago, I would have a good day every now and then. Now my good days have disappeared. I don't know why. The phone incident was isolated to my left ear, and my right ear had been at an all-time high before that had occurred. I cannot pinpoint a reason as to why my tinnitus had suddenly reverted to a state it was in when this all started for me a year ago.

I also suffer from horrible noise distortions. Fans, air purifiers, showers, running water, etc, are all distorted to me. They do not provide me with any relief.

I feel as though I am at my wits' end. I have been fighting this thing tooth and nail for the past year. I emptied my savings on Lenire and it didn't work for me. I really want to apply for graduate school but tinnitus has debilitated me to an extent where I am unable to.

The only reprieve I have is when I get extreme migraines at the end of the month when I go off my birth control. I have dealt with these migraines long before tinnitus, but I was always too lazy to switch birth controls. Now, I look forward to these extreme migraines because for some reason they calm down my tinnitus. I do not take any sort of painkillers when these migraines occur. Although my head feels like it's going to shatter from pain, my tinnitus is lower and I can't help but wish these migraines would last because I can handle the pain so much better.

My family does not understand why I have not gotten used to tinnitus yet. I try to explain how debilitating it is combined with the noise distortions I experience, but they do not understand.

I am trying to hang on for a cure but it gets harder by the minute.

Thanks for listening.

• Hug Hug x 2