New to Here and to Tinnitus!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by beastydool, Apr 11, 2015.

1. beastydool

beastydool Member

Hello all, I've had Tinnitus for around 2 months now. Sucks cause I'm only 15 years old, but oh well haha.
      It started with me having an earwax blockage, ear infection and a perforated eardrum. My tinnitus isn't TOO bad, i'm never really near loud environments so it couldn't be caused by that. I can only really notice it when I'm wearing my headphones and I'm trying to sleep (thank god to my fan so I barely notice it)
      Anyways, glad to be here. Quick question, my doctor told me to go to an ENT, but would there really be any point since there is no cure to Tinnitus?

2. Marijana
      Kick ass

Marijana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most probably standing (working) near speakers on a festival
      Hey beastydool! :)

You said that your T isn't that bad? Well, then I have to tell you that you should get the heck out of this forum :LOL:
      No, really, you are young, don't think too much about it. The more you think about this the harder you will adjust to the situation.

I'm sure you'll think who are you to tell me that :rolleyes: but please don't get me wrong. You are only 15, take care of school, hang out with your friends, just enjoy life avoiding too loud places.

As well, do see ENT and everyone else your doc tells you, that's the least you can do (y)
      If T gets worse and you find you are barely dealing with it, come here, here you will find a lot of positive posts and people :rockingbanana:
      This is,at last, just my opinion. Take care beasty and take care of your ears as well :headphone:

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Nek
      Energetic

Nek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Just wondering how is your T?

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      ENT may not cure your T, but if your T has a medical reason behind it, such as those problems you listed, then why not let the ENT deal with those first? This is a step recommended in TT's thread advising a new T sufferer what to do (the icons on the left give you step-by-step guideline):

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/