New to Pulsatile Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Serenap3, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Serenap3

Serenap3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi everyone. I’m new here. I’ve been experiencing what my doctor says in pulsatile tinnitus for about 7 weeks now.

I noticed it after a short flight and it hasn’t gone away since.

I’m starting to think it could be something else and I’m hoping to have an MRI soon. I can hear my heart beat and a low buzz/ringing sound along with it in my left ear.

I’ve noticed my hearing is really sensitive too (3 young children can get really loud).

Has anyone experienced sensitivity along with your pulsatile tinnitus? My hearing isn’t fine, but loud, high pitch noises bother me. Thank you!

2. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin
      Get an MRA to make sure it isn't a vascular issue. Mine is.

3. BB_in_KS

BB_in_KS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Procedures to address eustachian tube dysfunction
      I'm at about the same length of time with my T, a result of having tubes put in my ears. I am sensitive at times now myself. I had ear plugs in most of the time at church today, and I never needed that before. The music and clapping both bother me now...the volume, not the content:)

I had a CT scan recently also. I think that's pretty common to rule out tumors and vascular stuff when it's pulsatile T. Good luck to you.

4. 123lorraine

123lorraine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello. I too am about 7-8 weeks in. I had a lot of sensitivity to noises at first. Anything loud caused echoing, ringing and discomfort. High pitched loud noise caused a screeching feedback type sound. The good news is that that sensitivity has really decreased in the past couple of weeks. The PT remains 24/7 but causes me much less distress than the sensitivity at first. Hope yours styles too, it gives much relief.