New to the Forum, Not New to Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Methos1979, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Methos1979
      Musical

Methos1979 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1975
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Military
      Hello all,

I'm a 53-year-old man with pretty severe tinnitus and a significant mid range hearing loss. I've had the hearing loss since I was a young child and it's gotten progressively, albeit slowly worse over the years. I can still function fairly well without hearing aids and am holding off as long as I can.

I've had tinnitus since I was probably in high school. It was mild then but in 1986 I suffered an accident while serving in the Navy where I was in close proximity to an explosion and my ears have rang fairly loud since. It's annoying but it does not affect me more than it's annoying. It's much worse when I'm sick or hungry or haven't been exercising enough and my blood pressure is higher. But I don't get depressed about it or lose sleep - I have sleep Apnea for that!

I came here as I have some specific questions about things I've noticed lately that seem to aggravate the tinnitus more and I'm wondering if others are noticing the same. But I'll save that until after I've poked around a bit and used the search function... yes, I'm a veteran of internet forum use!

M.

2. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      Welcome @Methos1979! You've come to the right place.

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome again, Methos. Feel free to ask questions, although you are probably more of a teacher than a student about living with T. The newer T sufferers can learn something from your experiences.