New to This — I Need Advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Druiz, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Druiz

Druiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shooting guns
      Hey everyone I'm David. One week ago I went shooting and I had those cheap earplugs in, as soon as as started shooting an AK-47 fast I could feel it hurting my ear. I stopped shooting I knew right away I had hurt my ear.

I lost part of my hearing but in the next three days it came back to normal. That night I was laying in my bed when I could hear a ringing in my ears that I normally didn't hear. I've had Tinnitus for the past 4-5 days and I can't seem to stop thinking about it. During the day I rarely hear it but when I get home from work I hear it loudly. Reading all the negative forums online is giving me anxiety and depression. I just keep thinking worst case scenarios.

2. CaseyG

CaseyG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Yeah, go see a ENT doctor immediately. Like now. Hearing begins to become permanently impaired within 2-4 weeks. Get your hearing tested. They'll put you on steroids and maybe give you injections that can save some of your hearing and maybe lessen or prevent you from having Tinnitus.

3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi @Druiz
      Your tinnitus will probably calm down and eventually go away. It is important that you do not use headphones even at low volume. When at home have some low level music playing in the background. At night have some low level nature sounds playing by your bedside. A sound machine is ideal for this. Keep the volume low and don't sleep in a quiet room for now. Click on the links below and read my articles on tinnitus which you might find helpful.

Remember, I strongly advise you not to use headphones even at low volume and keep away from loud sounds. Your tinnitus is low at the moment which is a good sign. Providing you follow my suggestions and read my articles below, I think your tinnitus will go away in time.

All the best
      Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/new-to-tinnitus-what-to-do.12558/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/hyperacusis-as-i-see-it.19174/

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Hi david,

you have to wait it out and see how things go. There might be a chance that it might go away or it might stay. Only time will tell. Do use protection for your ears , to make
      Everyone thinks about tinnitus, when they get it. You are not alone on this one. Seeing a hearing doctor, can possibly be helpful. Tinnitus is a day by day ordeal, try to remain calm. All of us deal with this matter, on a daily basis.

This forum is always here, to lend it's support :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Druiz

Druiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shooting guns
      Thank you all for your advice. Hearing responses from other people going through the same thing as me helps. Like I said I am new to this, i can only hope this goes away or goes down to a level less noticeble to me.