New to Tinnitus — ENT Said...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Vossica, Sep 24, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Vossica

Vossica Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      My tinnitus started two weeks ago in my left ear - seemingly out of no where. No concerts or exposure to loud noises. No stress or traumatic event that triggered it.

One night I suddenly heard crickets like they were in my bedroom. I quickly discovered it was not crickets, but tinnitus. I suffered a hearing loss some years ago and I've get very minor tinnitus once in a while in my left ear so this wasn't completely new to me. However, the gentle tinnitus that I've had in the past is nothing like this. This time it's very loud and almost unbearable, as most of you know. I went to an ENT and he told me to take Flonase for a week then call him in a week if the tinnitus persists. I've taken Flonase for the past few days and it hasn't helped. The crickets are as loud as ever and I'm jumping out my skin. Seems like there should be more aggressive measure taken than just Flonase. Should I get a second opinion? Or is this fairly routine?

Thanks in advance for any feedback and/or suggestions.

2. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It sounds like your tinnitus has spiked for some reason and had every chance of settling down again so give it time.
      In the mean time ,try relax and don't let anxiety take hold.
      Be kind to yourself with some nice treats and get out in the fresh air as it's a nice break from tinnitus.
      Keep us posted how you are getting on....lots of love glynis