New to Tinnitus — Started After a Loud Concert — Been Going on for 5 Days Now

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Brandon1994, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Brandon1994

Brandon1994 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Hello my name is Brandon, I'm 24 years old and I'm new to tinnitus. I have several questions.

I was at a concert, it was pretty loud, and when we left I noticed ringing in my ears. This has gone on for 5 days.

Now I'm very very scared I ruined my hearing for life.

Anyways I went to an ENT doctor and they preformed a hearing test and I did great until I believe 4,000 Hz and higher, that's when I didn't do good.

I believe that's the same frequency as my tinnitus.

I was wondering if my tinnitus did go away with a miracle would that hearing improve or is it gone for good.

And is that why I'm having my tinnitus because I'll never hear that frequency again? Also I know it's very hard to say but is there a chance it could go away and I just wouldn't hear that frequency?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Agree Agree x 2
    3. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      The truth is you are currently screwed as am I, mammalian hearing does not naturally restore well, only to a mediocre extent.

Get a predisone steroid, take magnesium, b-12 and melatonin and you may be fortunate enough to get the best out of the mediocre recovery.

However the only real way out of this mess is bio-medical research advancing, an active clinical trial to reverse hearing loss is happening now and reversing hearing loss should also reverse tinnitus.

Even if tinnitus fades, you will always have the hearing loss and a chance of it coming back due to the brain knowing their as a gap in your hearing.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...ics-—-hearing-loss-regeneration.18889/page-80

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03616223

• Agree Agree x 3
    4. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Tinnitus is caused by the brain compensating for a loss of hearing, it doesn't cause additional hearing loss.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brandon1994

Brandon1994 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Sorry for the dumb question but would there be a chance of the ringing going away but still have some sort of hearing loss?

6. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      yes, hearing loss + unknown other factors are also at play. Overall we don't know if your tinnitus will fade or not just like we don't know if it will get worse.

Most aspects of sensorineural hearing loss are permanent when cochlear ribbon synapses and hair cells die they don't regenerate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. katri
      Chatty

katri Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Try to stay calm abscess give your body time. Protect your ears and be positive

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yes there is a chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I'm 6 months in and I'm not gonna lie, it sucks. I've had to completely rework my perception of my life and my behaviors just to continue to exist. Sorry this has happened to you. There may be a hearing loss drug coming out sometime in the near future that hypothetically could cure us. We shall see. Check out the thread on frequency therapeutics. It's actually pretty neat.

• Agree Agree x 3
    10. Manny
      In pain

Manny Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      central gain << NIHL
      Welcome:/ ;)
      I would IMMEDIATELY (like, today or tomorrow) go to a doctor and ask for high dose steroids (e.g. two-week Prednisone taper). If you're only five days out there's still a chance they may help, although the evidence quality seems kind of poor.
      Seems high-dose is important. Immediacy is important. Also, there is also no need to wait for an ENT. A general practitioner can prescribe this medication just as well.

• Like Like x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brandon1994

Brandon1994 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      that's odd that my ENT doctor didn't mention this medicine Prednisone. Is it to late to take it. I still have the ringing in my ears it's been 1 week today.

12. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      for the most part yes but still try it. Most ENT's are known to be low IQ

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. Angus William
      Gloomy

Angus William Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moderate but long session with headphones
      I've had mine for 5 months. It will ruin your life. Loud music is fucking rubbish. Avoid like the plague, but you wouldn't know until it's too late. I mean, why would a person come to a place like this unless they're already 8954u7rg684g68gu7u.jpg fucked?

14. Redocooking

Redocooking Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genetics possibly
      Honestly, it might be too early to tell the extent of recoverable damage. Keep in mind, everyone is different so if it hasn't been 6 months yet before resigning yourself.

Get your shit together NOW and start protecting your ears, eating the right foods (magnesium, b-12, melatonin, etc), exercise for at least an hour, and getting at least 8 hours of sleep.

What's the most important aspect though is to not stress over this. If you stress out, you lower your chances for any type of recovery.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brandon1994

Brandon1994 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Update:

Well today as I woke up the ringing has completely disappeared in my right ear but the left ear it still remains. Is this a good sign? I'm not sure why my left ear would still be ringing they were exposed to the loud concert the same time. Unless my left ear is just a slow healer lol

16. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yes it's a good sign.
      It could be that your left ear was closer to a speaker or oriented such that it was getting more energy from the speakers... or simply that it heals more slowly... or simply that its damage is more severe. Who knows.