New to Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Aivaras, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Aivaras
      Approved

Aivaras Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017/01/01
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello everyone i am 19 years old and i noticed that 6 days ago i got T and it has been ringing ever since, well it's a little bit quieter than when it first started, my ears also became a LITTLE bit sensitive to sounds (it also got a little bit better).

I used to listen to earbuds quite a lot but at low-medium volumes. I never had hearing problems in my life not even temporary tinnitus as a warrning or something like other people have. I will be seeing ENT in a few days but don't really expect to get anything much.

I also had a firecracker explode in school but it wasn't really near me (it was good 6-7 meters away) and i just got a few second ringing from it like everyone and thats it. Well now i just have to wait i guess. I somehow didn't really got stressed or affected in any way from T the only thing is how damn annoying it is.

I will keep updating this thread when i get any news or if i will get better. If my T is somehow noise related what's the best pills/medicine you guys have to offer (for hearing damage if i have any). At the moment i COMPLETELY stopped listening to any music or earbuds i don't know if it will help but i think it's better to be in quiet at the moment.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk
      I would get your ears checked in case you have a build up of wax or fluid behind your ear drum...lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Aivaras
      HI Aivaras. Listening to music through headphones or earbuds and exposure to loud noise, are the most common causes of tinnitus. Often people are listening to music too loud through headphones without realizing it and this can cause tinnitus. You are right to stop listening to music through earbuds as this is likely to make your tinnitus worse in my opinion. If I were you I would never use them again even to listen at low volume.

I know this sounds drastic but that's my advice. Some people with tinnitus use headphones and have no problems but, it's something I don't advise even at low volume.
      Please click on the link below and read my article: Tinnitus, A Personal View. You might find it helpful. There is information on how to cope with tinnitus and treatments available.
      All the best
      Michael
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/