New Tones... Freaking Out

Discussion in 'Support' started by StayPositive, Aug 15, 2014.

1. StayPositive
      Jaded

StayPositive Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Whereas from February until just recently, my Tinnitus, as far as I was aware, was entirely very high pitched tones, a few days ago I noticed a low-pitched whistling, much like a pan-flute I would say, I was convinced for a while it was something outside of my head because I could only hear it at certain times. Well today, I was listening very closely and determined it was actually in my head, and it's not just one tone but two low tones that seem to be alternating. I'm really freaking out because I swear this wasn't there any time before recently. I'm worried that my Tinnitus is getting worse, not better, with time. This sucks because I've really been taking many precautions to protect my hearing hoping it wouldn't get worse. Has anyone else had this happen?

I guess my only consolation is that I just got the AM-101 for sure today, so maybe, just maybe, these new tones, if not the old ones, will vanish.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. gebora
      Dreaming

gebora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Hi StayPositive.. Dont worry.. I have multiple tones in my ears.. Since onset some were added without visible reason... And then went gone..

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      StayPositive
      Jaded

StayPositive Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Thanks Gebora, when you say you have multiple tones in your ears, does that mean some of them showed up after the initial onset and stuck around?

4. gebora
      Dreaming

gebora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      After acoustic trauma i had just buzzing. Then i took ototoxic meds and my state got worse (new tones). But i can see change without reason. Last time "freezer" started in my right ear (after onest without reason), it was stoped maybe after 3 month.