Newbie with Tinnitus and Mild Hyperacusis

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by canyonero, Jan 12, 2015.

1. canyonero

canyonero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma?
      Hi all,
      I am new to this forum but have been lurking for a couple months. I am an an electrical engineer in my early 30s. I have recently developed high pitched T and mild H in my right ear probably from cumulative acoustic trauma. It can get very unpleasant, especially on spike days. On baseline days I can ignore it. Also have a lot of clicking in that same ear which can get really annoying. Nice too meet you all, hopefully they find a cure soon.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Wontstoptrying

Wontstoptrying Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/15/14
      Hello, I am a new sufferer, too. I have had a high pitch ringing in my left ear since using a leaf blower with poor quality ear plugs in November 2014. The tinnitus was immediate and has been constant. I have been trying everything. Yesterday I came across a youtube posting of an 8 minute sample of acoustic neuromodulation( musical). Apparently, the person who posted it posts here, too. I was not able to post a response on youtube ( I' m very low tech..) but I wanted to share it with others. I listened to it several times and it has quieted my tinnitus significantly! It is really amazing. I have played it 10-20 times today using headphones with a low to medium volume. I will continue to use it and will check back in.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      canyonero

canyonero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma?
      Thanks wontstoptrying I'll try it. My problem with my T is that is is very variable it changes from a 2 on days like today to about an 8 during a spike and the pitch varies from high to ultrahigh. I don't know how I am supposed to treat a moving target.

4. Lydia Rackenberg

Lydia Rackenberg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/ 12 / 2014
      I really think its worth a try and I hope you check it out. If you follow the comments you will see someone asked about getting it to repeat and there was a link to make it happen. Let me know if you want to listen to it but have trouble finding it.

5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Is this the youtube video?
      Acoustic Neuromodulation - Musical

It seems Tsounds1 said he is SteveH who is one of the moderators here on TT.
      "No problem, let me know if you want an audio file of it. I help run the forum tinnitus talk so you can reach me better on there (user name steveh)"

Perhaps Steve can make this file available to TT members here. I wonder if this will be included in the TN site they are developing. Although I have habituated to my ultra high pitch dog whistle T, I don't mind its pitch being lowered with this, LOL.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      canyonero

canyonero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma?
      Making an MP3 from a youtube isn't hard. I use YTD video downloader

7. Mark L
      Torn

Mark L Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and I swear Citalopram made it worse
      any chance for a 12kHz version?

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      canyonero

canyonero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma?
      I'm calling it my T anniversary. first noticed the noise about a year ago, it went away and I thought nothing of it. Didn't start getting concerned until a few months later when spikes became louder and more frequent.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      canyonero

canyonero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma?
      Had an elite ultra quite T day today, then went to a loud concert tonight. For the first time in 2 years I can actual say "The Ringing in my left ear is louder than the ringing in my right ear." I'm staying up just to enjoy this for the few hours it lasts.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      canyonero

canyonero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma?
      Second anniversary update:

Changing my diet and avoiding most sugary drinks and candy has improved both my T and IBS. I have noticed that when my stomach is bad, I am much more likely to get T spikes and jaw clicking. With a few exceptions, I am doing much better than when I started this thread. I am thankful for every day I am not having a 7+ T spike.

Timeline of my T
      7/2014-11/2014: Average 3/10 Fluctuated from 1-6
      11/2014-12/2015: Average 6/10 Fluctuated from 1-9
      1/2016-present: Average 3/10 Fluctuated from 1-6

11. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Thanks for that positive update. Sometimes we just don't know what exactly can help reduce T. So we tend to recommend things like supplements, diet and/or life style change, masking, exercises, meditations etc., and hopefully one or more of those will help the members. Your update confirms that some members do benefit from diet and perhaps life style change. It also helps that you give your T and ears some time to settle down. Congrats to your improvement. We need more positive updates like yours, and thanks for coming back to brief us on your improvement. God bless.