NHL Hockey

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Telis, May 30, 2015.

1. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Any hockey fans here? If so, who's your team?

• Like Like x 1
    2. Carm

Carm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
      anaheim ducks!

getzlaf wasn't good in game 6, biting my nails for game 7!

• Like Like x 1
    3. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      MN Wild fan here. We really bottomed out after having a good series against the Blues. Will be rooting for the Ducks in game 7 for sure!

4. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Boston Bruins...although, they didn't have a good season this year. That said, there's another game 7 to look forward to tonight. The Ducks vs Blackhawks. Should be an exciting game to watch.

5. Habs of course.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Nice, I Have my money on the Ducks tonight. Should be a good one!

7. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I wouldn't worry too much about that if I were a Ducks fan. Good players usually rebound after a poor performance. As an example, just look at the Lightning's goalie Bishop's performance last night against the Rangers. A shut out. In game six, on Tuesday, he was pulled after allowing 5 goals in only 26 shots.

Anyway, I hope you have some finger nails left by the end of the game!....:nailbiting:

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I was more than surprised the Bruins were nudged out of a playoff spot, you guys were were missing Iggy! What a run by The Sens though late in the season, Im sure that didn't help, who saw em coming.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      @Carm do the Ducks have come back in them tonight?

10. Carm

Carm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
      I'm so close to smashing my tv set.

I have faith still but if you don't hear from me tomorrow, you know what happened...

11. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Detroit Red Wings. Team is rebuilding, only a few player left from the four Cups we won.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Well they have the best record for comeback wins in the league so you you never know. They scored 3 goals in 37 seconds the other night.

13. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      You're right about missing Iggy. But even more than him, Johnny Boychuk. Many of us Bruins fans are still pissed off that they let him go. Additionally, Tuka Rask was very inconsistent in his performance this season and we don't have a decent back-up goalie.

14. Carm

Carm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
      :mad:

15. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I know how you feel man, there are no words to be said except the Hawks were the better team....
      I want the Hawks to crush the Bolts..
      Hi Jim, I think the Bruins not making the PO's was biggest surprise of all this year, looks like 100 points is necessary to get in now. Bruins will still be a formidable team to be reckoned with.

16. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      It will be a while because they have some rebuilding to do before they're a real contender again.

I'm looking forward to the cup playoffs beginning Wednesday. I don't favor either team. However, being a hockey, I'm hoping for a seven games series. The more games, the better...:beeranimation:

17. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Pretty much my feelings too about the finals, but we should still see some good hockey. I have to go for an operation Wed, so I may miss game one if I am drugged up, but should be home for game 2...

18. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Best of luck with the surgery, Gary! I hope that all goes well along with a speedy recovery!

• Like Like x 1
    19. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      The Blackhawks comeback in game one was impressive. Trailing with only seven minutes to go, they got the job done. After the first two periods, I really thought the Lightning were going to take game one. The Blackhawks weathered the storm, kept their composure and got the job done.

As I posted earlier, I don't favor either team. I'm just looking forward to some more really good hockey.

20. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Game three tonight. The Lightning are still not saying why Bishop left the game in the third period of game two or which goalie will start for them tonight in Chicago.

21. hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Vienna Capitals.
      I think Austria was not bad at the Championship.

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Any predictions for game 4 tomorrow?

23. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      For the Blackhawks to win game 4 and also the series, Patrick Kane will have to step up and begin to score goals. Additionally, Crawford is going to have to peform better in net. If those two things don't happen, I think the Lightning will take game 4 and eventually win the cup.

That said, the lightning are well aware of the fact that the Blackhawks have won game 4 in the three previous rounds:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl...awks-game-four-prowess/ar-BBkTdP4?ocid=HPCDHP

• Like Like x 1
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah the Lightning have done a great job at containing the big guns on the Hawks, these guys better find a way soon. As always Crawford looks a little suspect at times, Bishop is definately winning that battle.

I give the series to The Lightning but I could easily be wrong, with Captain Clutch and the rest of the group battling through these situations and coming out on top so many times in the past, who knows! Should be a good one tonight.

Last time Tampa was in the Stanley Cup final (2004) they beat my team (Calgary Flames) in 7 games. What a heart breaker.

25. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Pivotal game tonight. The team that loses will have to win the next two consecutive games. That's no easy thing for either team to do given the way the series has gone so far.

A big factor, I think, is will Bishop be healed up enough to play effectively again for the Lightning?

26. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Yeah,...I can fully understand after losing the Cup in a seven game series. I think that the Flames are really going to continue to improve in the next couple of years. You Flames fans have something to look forward to.

That said, enjoy the game, tonight.

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah lots of young talent, I like calgarys chances in the next yew years.

Thx mate, you too. Hope it's a good one.

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      @jimH how do you feel about the dougie Hamilton trade?

We are pumped to have him here!! I think he will fit nicely with our young core.

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @Telis ...We're pretty damn upset about it. Dougie's the second goal-scoring defenseman we have traded away in the recent past. Johnny Boychuk was the other. For future draft picks that may not work out?

Well, I'm really glad that he's going to a young upcoming team like the Flames. I would have been significantly more pissed if he went to the Habs.

Yeah, I agree, he's going to fit in real well with the Flames. He's young. So, he's going to continue to improve. Here's part of an article about what he'll add to your team:

"The Flames will add him to a defense that already has one of the best top pairings in the NHL in Mark Giordano and T.J. Brodie. Add Hamilton to that mix, who is only 22 and already a rising star in the league, and they have what should be one of the best trios in the NHL on the blue line to go with a young crop of forwads led by Johnny Gaudreau, Sean Monahan, and Sam Bennett."

I think the Flames are going to kick some serious ass next season...(y)

• Like Like x 1
    30. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      @jimH @Telis you two are getting me excited for NFL season. I have high hopes for my Vikings this season. With the Twins doing better and Wolves on their way up and the Wild, things are looking up for MN sports.

• Like Like x 1