Nigel

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nigel Maudsley, Jun 20, 2011.

1. I have suffered from tinnitus for 6 months now. Over the past few months it has grown worse and keeps me awake at night. I have been referred to an ENT unit by my Doctor but the waiting list is long and I am not sure how they can help. I hear a white noise/rushing sound in both ears. It is worse at night but it can be distracting during the day as well.

I am a 58 year old man who has taken early retirement. I am moving to Brighton in July. I have a dog called ‘Pop’ that has changed my life. I enjoy taking him for long walks. I am a Fine Art Photographer who sells his work at exhibitions and art organisations.

If anyone can offer me advice on how to cope with this condition I’d be very pleased

Nigel xx

2. Jim
      Happy

Jim Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Hi Nigel, welcome to the group. You're not alone. Read through the posts here, you will find lots of help. There are many ways of coping with this problem. everyone is a little different. It seems for many the first months are the toughest and then you will gradually adjust. Hang in there. Stay busy, have some background noise on and try not to focus on it.